iPhone 3GS Big 3GS problem!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pooffck, Aug 7, 2009.

1. pooffck

pooffck Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Ok here is the problem!, i really want the iphone 3gs but i cant get it before september 18th but i know i can get it september the 19 or 20th!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Will the iphone 3gs have the 3.1 or 3.0 SDK installed on it? i mean i wanna jailbreak and unlock my iphone

Please Register or Log in to view images

!

help me out, i heard the iphone 3.1 SDK is coming out on the first week of september!!!
  2. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, don't worry, just wait till you get the iPhone 3G, then when the firmware upgrade releases, you'll get it for free.

Doesn't matter what firmware it'll have on it, you can always update.
  3. Wilfred

Wilfred New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)

Thought firmware upgrades for iPhones are always for free?

@pooffck; You just have to hope that you can still get the neccessary files when you get your iPhone. You can also get iPhones elsewhere surely?
  4. 3gsreviewer

3gsreviewer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Guys he's asking what the chances of buying an iPhone on 3.1 are [he'll buy sept. 19 or so]. b/c geohot/chronic dev says there are chances of no jb for 3.1 for a while unless you have the ibss files, which he won't if he has 3.1.

My reply: Most likely, no. You should be fine. Now, if you get it oct., or nov. then you may run into a problem
  5. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Down. Grade.
  6. pooffck

pooffck Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    @3gsreviewer Thanks mate!

and

@Apple Guy How can i downgrade? will there be a software out then or a exploit that does it?
  7. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You. Cant. Thats. The. Point.

Apples new security certificate prevents downgrades(I believe? Am I wrong on that?). So if you save your certificate by going to GeoHots website and enter your ECID number and download the file then you will be able to Jailbreak in future.

But it is quite unlikely they will give you an iPhone 3GS with 3.1 if the 3.1 is released the day before you get it ..

Because I got a replacement 3G even about 2 weeks before the 3GS was released and it had 2.2.1 on it!
  8. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Relax.

It seems both geohot and chronicdev already have figured out a way to jb 3.1. Still, if you happen to get your iPhone before 3.1 is released, grab your signed 3.0/3.01 IBSS just to be save.