Bible Application

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by reason2breathe, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reason2breathe

reason2breathe New Member

The thing is, i downloaded iQuaran the other day, and it looks brilliant! the UI is fantastic, and even though i couldn't really get it to work, as I imagine you would need a decent knowledge of how to find your way around a Quaran first, it was an excellent application.

As a christian though, i obviously don't have an awful lot of use for it!

Please Register or Log in to view images

So, my question is, are there ANY christian developers out there that could make a Bible Application that even comes close to the Quaran one? I mean, i have the KJV version in Ebooks, and the KJV Jiggy based bible, but An app that encompasses these things would be awesome:

-Ability to download different translations (Just like e-sword) (I WOULDN'T MIND PAYING AT ALL)
    -The Ability to search
    -The ability to enter notes
    -The ability to enter a bible verse to find it, not just scroll to it like an Ebook
    -And, a BIG request i know, and definately not neccesary for the first release, A hebrew/greek translation, again like e-sword, so that by clicking a word you can find the hebrew or greek word and its definition
    -Maybe A Commentary download as well

But, definately the first 4 points.
    This Incredible E-Sword application i keep refewring to can be found Here.

Please, anybody who can script, take this challenge!
    I can guarantee it would be a massive aid to lots of people

Thanks for reading!

-reason2breathe
  2. nintendoom

nintendoom Member

You could download Books.app from Installer and download The Bible in the ebooks section I suppose.
  3. reason2breathe

Yeah, but like i said, 1. That's the King James Version, one that was translated in the 16th Century, i.e. VERY hard to follow! and 2. It doesn't really contain the functionality that would make an awesome Bible app. Did you check the link?
  4. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'm looking forward to such an app myself, reason2breathe. In fact, I'd like to have one with the original manuscript and historical notes so that we can learn more about each chapter. I'd like a bible app with some original hebrew names and a little backstory of when and who wrote the book, eg. who actually wrote the book of Psalm, the backstory of the book, the estimate timeline, the political situation of the era, and so on.
    That way I can have a clear understanding of my religion. Though of course, I'd like one in Indonesian, but hey, I can't be too picky now, can I?
  5. reason2breathe

If you could download versions as you can with e-sword, you may be able to get your wish.

6. reason2breathe

gebump. I really need to think of a more inventive way to bump.
  7. version01

version01 New Member

I would have to agree, that an app that is similar to e-sword would be awesome! I don't know if Rick Meyers intends to make any versions other than the portable pc version though. I wonder if anyone has contacted him about working on or assisting him with a touch/iphone version. I've been looking for something similar for a while now, as I agree that while it is good, the ebook version just isn't as versatile as e-sword.
  8. Aristarchos

Aristarchos Banned

that app sounds cool
    reason to use my iPod in church
  9. Yerffej

Yerffej New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'd be happy if I found an NIV or NLT eBook, I own both versions so I guess technically it wouldn't be stealing . Does anyone have a link to those? if so please PM me

10. reason2breathe

I've actually emailed him myself, but i haven't recieved a reply as yet... You guys should contact him as well, so he knows there's interest!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.