Beware of "SpeedDownload"

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by Firebird94, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This program is a program basiclly intending to download multiple files quickly. When my brother downloaded and used it, he didn't know it didn't work because he went off to download multiple files. I went to download something with it and run it, and it was corrupt. I tried again, corrupt again. I tried downloading it normally and the file was fine.

A few weeks later (the past few days) i noticed that speeddownload was blocking downloading from any browsers because it had a plugin which i have no idea what it did. I thought i deleted the whole thing and then i searched why icouldn't download and i realized i had to go searching for all of its components. I deleted them all after found and i finally found out that speeddownload was the problem of why i couldn't download.

The same thread i researched it on a different forum said that it was known for viruses and trojans.

See what research does

Please Register or Log in to view images

So search on the webs if you have a problem before complaning (like i did a second ago on a different thread)
  2. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    i bought this program and use it regularly, and it works just fine. i turned off the browser plugin though and use it with the flashgot firefox extension.

before spreading misinformation about this product (viruses/trojans) you might want to actually purchase a legit copy instead of using warez that was probably infected.
  3. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It was a trial version and for mac. Maybe a windows version works fine. But from what i had it corrupted the files and i wasn't able to download from browsers.