Beware of Planet-iPhone Mods

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by gtrplyr, Jul 29, 2008.

1. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well yesterday I downloaded the chromium keyboard and notes from Planet-iPhone Mods and I went to sign on to the internet not only to find that I didnt have a keyboard! AWSOME! I redownloaded it many many times and it still does this. Same thing with notes. The whole thing is black. Im not sure if its just the chromium downloads that do this because I had no problem with their other downloads. Just a head up. I had to restore to get my keyboard back and I restore it without jailbreak because honostly, jailbreak isnt worth it. When customize comes out, then I will re-jailbreak. Sorry if this was already posted.
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have them and they work fine. When there finished installing restart your phone or ipod (power OFF power ON) and there they are working as advertised.
  3. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

hmmm maybe i forgot to do that

Please Register or Log in to view images

, oh well, I still dont think jailbreak is worth it just yet, I only want it for customization and there isnt much of that is there?
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    that happened to me when i tried downloading the 3d battery i got an error in cydia and i no longer had a battery when my ipod was plugged in so i got the default battery ssh it in then re tried the battery and it worked just fine now i have a cool battery. I dl the chromium keyboard and had no problems with it, i did NOT have to restart for it to work, try ssh the default keyboard in then try again it should work.
  5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Customize works for me 98% it just does not change the wallpaper and doesn't always download the themes correctly. But it works.
  6. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

thats because those mods are for 1.1.4 not 2.0
  7. b19jon

b19jon New Member

I have the chromium noted and keyboard downloads and they worked fine. I did have to restart the iphone tho.

Only thing I noticed that didnt work was chromium theme and sliders.
  8. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

i want the old customize i mean. I have the new one for 2.0 and wasnt impressed. I want one on my springboard and i dont want to have to SSH it in
  9. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Everthing on cydia works with 2.0. I think there installation scripts are screwed up or something.
  10. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    They are for 1.1.4

GTFO you obviously have NO idea what your talking about. Everything in cydia is ONLY for 2.0. Its just like 1.1.x the repo itself is made for those versions where as the new cyida for 2.0 is a 2.0 repo DUH