Better wifi reception on almost exact ipod touch as mine?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tom51293, Aug 16, 2009.

1. tom51293

tom51293 New Member

Hi, I have a ipod touch 2G 3.0 jailbroken and my sister just got a new ipod touch 2G 3.0 but the only difference is hers is not jailbroken. When standing in the same location in our house, her ipod has full bars when connected to the same wifi access point meanwhile mine only has one bar. What could be causing this? Is it the fact that hers is not jailbroken? Or maybe has apple upgraded the wifi chip in the ipod for a later model? It doesn't make sense.
  2. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I've found wifi strenght varies a lot with iPods/iPhones
  3. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  4. tom51293

tom51293 New Member

that is pretty disappointing to hear, so pretty much nothing i can do? its a bummer knowing that i could have a perfect connection and that i wouldn't be disconnecting every so often.
  5. Antonpup

Antonpup Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Apple are just a bunch of a**es. They either dont want people to buy iPods/Phones from them, mean while trying to ruin the current iPod/iPhone user's experience. They're just pathetic.

Well.. all we can do is just wait until 3.0.2 or 3.1
  6. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Hmmm, it's strange but even with a one-bar, I still get very fast and reliable WiFi connectivity in some shopping malls... Normally this would mean frequently breaking-down access instead...
  7. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Most likely firmware is not behind this, unless there is an error in your firmware. Upgrading to a new firmware probably wont help either. Try having her hold your iPod and you hold her and look at the Wifi strength then. Maybe her hands are just special and give it an extra boost. Who knows. If that doesnt change at all, its most likely faulty hardware, like a loose connection.
  8. tom51293

tom51293 New Member

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I have found whats causing my wireless troubles. It is the 3.0 firmware, i just downgraded to 2.2.1 and I get full wifi connection! I am not sure what to do now, should I stick with 2.2.1 or has anyone found a fix for the 3.0 wifi problems? I have been reading and it seems that many people have trouble with the 3.0 wifi. Also, can anyone tell me if maybe the 3.1 beta fixes these issues? Thanks.
  9. sand1303

sand1303 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    seems like mine works just as quick whether i have two bars or full bars on my ipod touch
  10. tom51293

tom51293 New Member

yes but its not even that, on 3.0 i always just disconnect even if i am in wifi range. but with 2.2.1 i have good strength and i never disconnect.