better than jb? Full DVDs on your iPod in under an hour ALL FREEWARE!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by camboidia, Jan 24, 2009.

1. camboidia

camboidia New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have found the best way to convert full DVDs to your iPod in no time.

First thing you need is imgburn from img.com this will create a image file so you don't have a bunch of vob files to stick into the converter program. Img does not handle copyright protected movie files. So this means you will have to have dvd43(freeware) or anydvd(which I have) running in the background. the only diffrence is that anydvd is updated faster and is not freeware. So brand new movies you might have to wait for an update.

Anyways select to create an image file from disk(put in your DVD you want to put on your iPod in your drive) then select an output folder and hit the run button at the bottom left. This will take from 5to10 minutes depending on the video file. Now after done you should have an image file around 4 1/2 gig.

Then finaly go to all-freeware.com use the search at the top left and type freestar. Find the iPod video converter And download. After install find the iPod touch in the drop down menu and then you will have to add the image file that you just made into the converter by hitting the add button at the top. Then you will have to manualy enter the correct image aspect ratio which is 480x320. It was a little tricky to get that correct but once you get it in it will Stick as default. I kept all the other setting as default. Then choose your output folder and hit convert And watch it fly into your output folder.

The last thing to do is add it into iTunes and sync.

For all you ******* downloaders. Myself included this will work with avi files. No need to make an image file just drop into freestar and follow same steps.

Whoo all in one night
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    All this takes more than an hour sir. You sir, are a Liar.
  3. xDarknerOx

xDarknerOx Banned

whatever it is its not better then a jb
  4. Kanye

Kanye Banned

how long does it take?
  5. camboidia

camboidia New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well setup might take awhile but after you get going will only take about an hour
  6. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Depends on your hardware, how long the movie is, and what settings you use to encode.

Ripping the DVD to an ISO format will take at least 10 or more Minutes. Converting the movie will take more than an Hour, as I said, depending on hardware, settings, and length of movie.
  7. Kanye

Kanye Banned

what do you mean setup? installing the things?
  8. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That doesn't matter at all, since you're only installing the programs once. I suggest DVD Decrypter and Handbrake.
  9. Kanye

Kanye Banned

i currently use handbrake.

why do u suggest dvd decrypter? how much faster will that make the process?
  10. camboidia

camboidia New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yes inital setup will take a little while. Half hour or so. And my pc is an emachine with a crap proxesser and only 512 of ram.

The dark knight just took 1 1/2 hours