Better: Custom 3.0 Firmware or Fresh Redsnow JB?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by chiso165wh, Jun 20, 2009.

1. chiso165wh

chiso165wh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I jailbroke my 1st Gen iPod Touch by restoring with a custom fw.

Now I'm beginning to think I shouldve use Redsnow because some apps are slow and others close as soon as I open them [And I'm having no luck finding/connecting to some familiar wifi hotspots.]

Are there any pros/cons between the 2 methods or are they ultimately the same?
  2. mettown803

mettown803 New Member

I think the two methods may be the same. When you install a new app be sure to restart the iPod/iPhone before using the app. That should solve the problem you have with them closing immediately after opening it.

But the speed issue may just be the 3.0 fw bcuz it's new.. (that's just my guess)
    I'd just wait and see how Apple improves it with new versions.

I've been having issues with speed on my 2G iPod. Just wait and let the Developers tweak everything. I'm sure its just bugs.
  3. zackplanet42

zackplanet42 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im actually having absolutely no speed problems or compatability issues. everything i used (which admittedly is mostly winterboard and sbsettings) works perfectly in 3.0. even cydia is fine. originally cydia crashed and was buggy and every app and plugin would crash or not work so i uninstalled them and reinstalled cydia and everything is great now. i would highly recommend doing the same
  4. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    i would think that using a custom FW would be better then redsnow. since everything is getting done in one go, instead of adding another step to the mix.

i used redsnow(all i have is windows), the only app that has crashed is cydia, twice so far, one time at the main screen, and another time at the search.