[BETA TESTERS NEEDED] SpringBack Pro - Backup and Restore your HomeScreen and More

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Matt Donnelly, May 28, 2009.

1. Matt Donnelly

Matt Donnelly New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hi Everyone,

I'm working on a new project called SpringBack Pro that is going to let you backup and restore different aspects of your homescreen. At the moment it can backup and restore your Home Screen and Stacks, but more features will be added as it gets updated. The application works similar to WinterBoard, the file are backed up to a folder with a .spbk extension, so it will be easy for people to make share their backups.

So I now need some people to test it out for me and suggest features to add. Grab it while you can, as its going to cost $0.99 when the final version is released.

PLEASE NOTE: I am working on support for Categories, however this feature will not be available for a while as BigBoss (the creator of Categories) is changing the application to work better with 3.0, so adding Categories support now would be a waste of time.

Please also note that this is NOT a Categories replacement and will not make categories, it will be used to backup what is inside them.

If you would like to beta test, leave a comment here and I will send you a download link.

Thanks,

Matt
  2. BMatt

BMatt New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'll take it for a spin. The last one worked well.
  3. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if we're are beta tester do we get the pro version for free? *rubs chin pensively*

(only joking, i don't really use SpringBack anyway.)
  4. Matt Donnelly

Matt Donnelly New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Basically yes, you wont get the final version that will be released in Cydia, but you will definitely get a stable Beta Version for free.
  5. busterke

busterke New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I could test it if you want.
    I love the application and i really want to help it get better

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You really think a lot of people will pay money for an app which can replaced by a bash script?
  7. busterke

busterke New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Do you mean you have a script for backing up your springboard and the categories?
  8. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    No, but I and anyone else who knows where the config files are located can do this in 2min. You just have to execute it using MobileTerminal.
  9. Matt Donnelly

Matt Donnelly New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Not a lot of people know how to write a bash script or even use one and that's all a lot of the Apps in Cydia are, GUIs for things that can be done manually. Aside from that, it's not as simple as just backing up the config files, the app has to read the data in the files and then use it to move different files around which I don't think a bash script can do.

Matt
  10. davies-09

davies-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would also help you test this app