[BETA RELEASE] xPwn GUI

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by iSecks, Jul 17, 2008.

1. iSecks

iSecks New Member

[BETA RELEASE] xPwn GUI [Windows Only!]

Okay, so this is a beta xPwn GUI I made, should work with the current version, I need testers. It works on my computer, but I need to make sure it works with other people's computers before I can make a full release.

This is NOT a 2.0 jailbreak!
    This is just a windows GUI for xPwn, the cross platform Pwnage tool, which currently only works on 1.1.4
    As soon as xPwn 2.0 comes out, this will be updated to work [if it doesn't already, as it simply runs the commands through a GUI.]

Instructions:
    1. Lolwhut box MUST be checked, or you will get an error. This is to stop people from using this without reading the instructions.
    2. Check the boxes for recovery/boot images if you want to replace yours. Images must be in the same folder as xpwn and my GUI.
    3. Browse for you're IPSW file. For now, only 1.1.4 IPSW works, so I put the default iPod IPSW in the box already. IPSW must also be in the same folder as xpwn and my GUI.
    4. Check and make sure every file is spelled correctly, as to not mess anything up. I have not tried the correct file names with the incorrect case, so I suggest you make sure all letters in the filename are in the correct case.
    5. Hit "Pwn!" It will give you a box showing all of your information and will allow you to continue or cancel the operation.
    6. Wait as xPwn pwns your iPod/iPhone. In future versions it will show the status of xPwn in the GUI.

I have to go somewhere, I'll be back later to answer questions and try to fix any bugs. Thanks for trying this!

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to say, Windows only. Might be made for linux, but not right now, as I don't have any space to install it.

TODO:
    -Port to other OSs
    -ISPW editor.
    -Idk, what else should I try?

EDIT2: Finally got around to taking a screenshot.

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT3: Updated to Beta 2, beta 2 works with xpwn 0.3, and can JB 2.0

Link here: http://www.isecks.afraid2live.com/xPwn%20GUI%20beta.zip
    Or download the new attachment. Screenshot coming soon.

EDIT4: So the 2nd browse button doesn't work, will fix that later, as for some reason it doesn't want to recompile. For now just change the name by typing in the box, and that's the name the new ipsw will be. Don't forget to keep .ipsw at the end or it wont work!

EDIT5: Fixed a typo, and letting people know I uploaded a new SS. Clear your cache if the one above is still the old one.

Attached Files:

2. nudded

nudded New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    one question: Windows only, Mac only, Linux only?
  3. 92nate92

92nate92 New Member

worked great for me
  4. iSecks

iSecks New Member

Sorry about that, wrote that post in a hurry, my cousin was waiting for me in the car and just wanted to put this up before I left so people could test. Next thing I'm gonna do is try to do an IPSW builder, but first I'd like to know if anyone had any problems with anything, maybe on Vista or something? If there's a problem on x64 systems, let me know and I'll recompile it. The source files are at my computer, but if it doesn't work on x64 systems I will VNC [which is slow as helllll] and rebuild it.

Thanks for testing Nate!
  5. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    sorry noob question. but can someone tell everyone what this does exactly?
  6. 101gfx

101gfx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm guessing that he has made this so windows users won't have to wait for WinPWN for 2.0 jailbreak. Amirite?
  7. j hooder

j hooder Member

sounds awsome nice work

Please Register or Log in to view images

how did it work for ppl that tried it ?
  8. 101gfx

101gfx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    once dev team releases Pwnage they'll probably update xPwn.
  9. potroast32

potroast32 Banned

not 2.0 is it?
    EDIT: Congrats you made winpwn, GUI could be better but good job
  10. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    wow!!! you would do this... are you sure ot is safe.... the dev team will poke your head