[Beta Release] Whirlwind 21

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jonmisurda, Aug 3, 2008.

1. jonmisurda

jonmisurda New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    IMG_0001.png

I'm looking for beta testers to help me with my first jailbroken game, Whirlwind 21, a port of a Windows Mobile game that I wrote a while back. This is a solitaire version of blackjack where the point is to place each card from the pile at the bottom into one of the 5 columns at the top. You may not exceed 21, and when you hit exactly 21, the pile is cleared.

There's also a randomly appearing "bomb" card that will clear a pile automatically.

This beta release requires you:
    • To have a version 2.0 jailbroken ipod or iphone (not tested on iphone)
    • To be able to copy the attached tar.gz file to your jailbroken device under /Applications
    • To extract it on the device to preserve permissions or be able to do a chmod and/or chown to fix permissions (to mobile with write permissions)

The application saves the game in progress when the home button is pressed and thus needs to write back to its bundle. I have made the archive with the appropriate permissions intact, but if you unzip it on your desktop and copy the files manually, your save games won't work.

I will eventually release this via Cydia once I learn who to talk to and what is involved with that

Please Register or Log in to view images

To those of you who are artistically inclined, the app bundle contains 7 pngs: the icon, 4 suited card backs, and 2 special cards. If you want to make some nicer ones I'd be willing to replace mine with yours.

In this beta version, I'm looking for testers to say whether it runs, how it performs, and whether anything seems amiss. In later releases I will add preferences such as the option to show each pile total and to reset your high score. Loading a saved game takes about 1 second, and there's no special splash screen or loading message.

Thanks for your help.

Jon

Attached Files:

2. IStoleChristmas

IStoleChristmas New Member

3. h_picko

h_picko New Member

4. jonmisurda

jonmisurda New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    The installation instructions that should work are: