[BETA release] Touch Simulator (need testers)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 1337chaos, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    for the last few days ive been editing the Aspen Simulator to run the ipod touch's firmware and look like the ipod touch instead of the iphone. ive been successful in making it look like a touch, and i think ive gotten pretty close to running firmware 1.1.3. i'd say give me another week and i might have it up and running.

At first, i started this because i saw that SkylarEC couldnt use the SDK because he's running a PPC mac, so i started on a journey to figure out how to make this simulator run on 1) different (lower) versions of OS X, and 2) make it run on PPC instead of Intel-only. i think i may have accomplished the first one, the second one, im not sure seeing i dont own a mac at all. so this is where you guys come in. i need people who meet the following criteria:

A) you MUST have a way of running OS X, either Leopard or Tiger. i need testers that have both
    B) you must have the SDK installed for this to run as of right now. SkylarEC, sorry but you do. hopefully by the end of the week i can have it so the Simulator will run on your mac

Please Register or Log in to view images

C) as of right now, i just need people with Intel-based macs, as you cant install the SDK f you're on a PPC mac. as i said before, hopefully this will change in the future.
    D) you must be willing to screw up your SDK installation if something goes wrong. because this beta overwrites the AspenSimulator files, i suggest you back up your entire Developer/Platforms/AspenSimulator.platform folder to a safe place just in case something should go wrong.

with that being said, to install this, just copy the whole "Developer" folder in the root of the TouchSimulator.zip file, to your home directory. when it asks you to overwrite, do so. then navigate to Developer/Platforms/AspenSimulator.platform/Developer/Applications folder, and run the Aspen Simulator.app if all went well, you should see a giant ipod touch on your screen

NOTE: as of this beta, you cant do very much because i havent added the 1.1.3 files that ive been working on, but i suggest messing around with the Settings. you might find something interesting in there... also, if you have any problems at all, dont hesitate to either post here in the thread, or PM me.

Download Here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/tqk7sa
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I would like to give this a try Please.
  3. xM45x

xM45x New Member

this is great so now skylar can make apps and publish them through itunes and makes us pay! but o well if i get better apps then im fine with that!!!!!
  4. grizzjr1

grizzjr1 Member

I have Tiger and you can't install the SDK on it, therefore I cannot test it. Sux
  5. 1337chaos

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ah yes, but hopefully in the next release i'll have it a full download so the simulator itself runs completely independantly.
  6. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I cannot run it, Unsupported Architecture.
  7. grizzjr1

grizzjr1 Member

Dude, if you get this working... I don't know what I will do, but I will definently up your rep whenever I see a post from you!

Go Wisconsinites!!!!

8. 1337chaos

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you put it in the exact place i said right? it should have overwritten your original AspenSimulator.app
  9. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It has a Circle with a Line through it. That means its not supported by my Processor. Which is Intel x86.
  10. grizzjr1

grizzjr1 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.