Release [BETA RELEASE] Orbi

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by gdscei, Dec 20, 2009.

1. gdscei

gdscei New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    EDITS:
    12/21/09 12:55 PM, CET: Created a lot of new icons, also available in the database. Also added Wallpaper for any upcoming flat bottoms; looks a lot nicer now. Also added (un)lock sounds. (Downloadlink broken, will add new link in a few moments)VERSION 0.4. Adding new screens in version 0.5.

UPDATE! It's now available in the iPhonePwn Repo, http://cy.gdscei.com. Download it from there.

12/20/09 9:38 PM, CET: Fixed icons that had flat bottoms. Also fixed some icon names. Download here. VERSION 0.3. New screens.

12/20/09 5:49 PM, CET: Added Lockscreen. Download here.
    (When downloading from attachment, it's the first beta version, with only some icons.) VERSION 0.2

Also seen on: ModMyI

Orbi is a new theme for iPod Touch and iPhone.

Screens:

Please Register or Log in to view images

I need someone to help me a bit with the Calendar icon. Please PM or comment if you want to help me with it.

I've included a PSD for icon creation. PSD also available in the database, if you don't want the hole theme. This is what you need to do:

-Click on the 2nd layer, it says 'Place icon in this layer'.
    -Hit from 'File', 'Place'. Select the icon (icon.png), and place it in a spot where you think it'll be fine.
    -After that, make sure it is placed, Hold CTRL key (or CMD key on Mac), and click on the 'Background layer'. It should make now a selection. Hit 'Add Layer Mask', and done. Save as 'App.png'.

Please comment the icons in this post! I'll give you credit!

Download theme at 'Edits' (above)
    (SSH to /private/var/stash/Themes, and Select in Winterboard.)

Stuff created until now:
    • Lock screen
    • Icons, can be found here, i am not going to make a new release for every single icon.
    Please include any icon you've made in the replys! They'll be added to the database(see above) as soon as possible! Icon requests can also be asked in the replys!

If the Voice Memos icon does not show up, and your language is not set to English, please go into the theme folder, and rename 'Voice Memos.png' to the appropriate text.

Do not steal my work! Please PM me if you want to use my work, or email me at tutorialpoint@hotmail.com.

If you like my work, and you want me to continue it, to advance Orbi, or another theme, please Donate.

Attached Files:

2. GregoryFire

GregoryFire New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Fix the second picture.

And did you actually make any icons? Or did you just make all the regular icons into circles?
  3. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    OMG OMG LOOK AT THAT SECOND SCREENSHOT!!!! (You bad)

And

...?

It just looks like dark circles w/ original icons in them
  4. gdscei

gdscei New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Fixed.

If you would download the theme, and look in the Icons folder you could open Photoshop with the PSD.

yes, it's just a black circle, with standard icon, with an highlight. Remember, it's a beta release; anything could happen.
  5. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Nice "theme"

You could of just edited the app icon masks so every icon will change.
  6. gdscei

gdscei New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, i know.

I am working on a lot; but i am switching constantly between Linux and Windows; i am trying to fix something so i can get this Orbi theme on Cydia/Rock/Icy; it works; but after i check it in Winterboard and respring; it fails, nothing else happens, no new icons. checked the folders; everything is fine. Dont know why it happened; probably compress mistakes i guess.
    So, just download it from [PIRACY.mf].

EDIT: And, not every icon will change; sometimes they have other resolutions so it fails. Still, i am going to try it; but probably it wont come out great; almost every icon here is a little moved to make it look nicer.
  7. Hoser1358

Hoser1358 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    mmmm all i can see that really changed were the icons and slider everything else is pretty standard

maybe i just have to wait for the full release =P
  8. gdscei

gdscei New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, you'll need to wait some time.

At the moment i am not working on it; have to do a lot of other stuff; it's almost x-mas
  9. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    im gonna make a theme called trianglee

lol i guess it looks pretty cool and is better then just regular standard icons
  10. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    where did the file go? tried to dl it but says file is not there.