beta ComicViewer for f/w 2.0 :)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by studangerous, Aug 5, 2008.

1. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The ComicViewer author, Yama, has put out a beta test version for f/w 2.0 on his Japanese blog.

Code:
    http://cfuncname.seesaa.net/article/104133987.html
    You'll probably need to run his blog through Google Translate of course. He has highlighted that it is beta only and a first run test version so be aware it will probably be very buggy and does not contain many of the features that the current r74 ComicViewer version for f/w 1.1.4 has.

I'm sticking on 1.1.4 and wont be testing it for now but if you do have a go and have any comments at all then please leave them in the ongoing iComic/ComicViewer thread at:

Code:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23759
    Enjoy - I figure a lot of people have been waiting for this

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. bbroman

bbroman New Member

Hi, new iPhone user. How do I install this? (I'm using Cydia, if it's relevant.) All the translations I get from a bunch of different sources don't make any sense.
  3. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

It's not in Cydia - you download the file from the link above (they're up to Beta 2), and then SSH into the Applications folder and extract ComicViewer.app into there. Make sure you delete the japanese.lproj files as well as editing the info.plist file to use EN instead of JA for the interface lagnage.
  4. rinn

rinn Banned

ey sum1 test dis...
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

See linked thread in studangerous' response for results.