BestBuy-- Not so BestBuy

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andrew!, Sep 12, 2008.

1. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    okay so on wednesday i called best buy to see if they will be getting the touch at the end of the week. they said probably thursday to sunday by the latest. so thursday i check online and it says it's not available at my local best buy so i call them, they say its there. then i had to call to see if the new nano was there cause my sister is going to fake it and say her 3rd-gen. is effed. they didn't have the nano so i asked about the touch and they said they didn't have it. mind you this was like 5 minutes after the first phone call. so then i check the site and it says its available at my best buy. so then i call my specific best buy and they said it isn't in stock but they haven't updated their site.
    so today after school i check it again and it says it's till unavailable. i called the local best buy and still nothing.
    should i just do the in-store pickup thing?
    the lady told me that when they come in ill get a email saying i can go pick it up but I'm not sure if i want to do that or not...

what should i do?
  2. 1adam1

1adam1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i got my 1g from bestbuy, whats their return policy like? you can fake it?

any ways my brother had trouble with best buy once with his creative player, we called the day before and the day of, and they said they had it in stock, even though on the website it wasnt. So we go in and they tell us they dont have it. so we're kinda angry at this chick and then tell her to check again. She came back with the mp3 player and said that their system said that it wasnt in stock even though it was. Also, i have heard stories of Best buy advertising one price on the site, while selling it for higher in the store. my suggesrion is that you print out the price at home and bring it in when you buy.
  3. iPendo

iPendo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Tonight im rigging my 1g iPodTouch to get the 2g. The warranty covers what you call "blackouts". And i made the iPod bricked. That is how my sister returned her old iPod to get a new touch.
  4. quick5pnt0

quick5pnt0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Bestbuy's return policy is horrible. Good luck.
  5. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i will kinda do that.... but my ipod it about to burn out... stupid charger keeps on heating my ipod.... so i might just let it over heat and burn then trade it in for a new one... i dont care if i get the new one or the old one....

51% new one 49% old one... <==== you see....
  6. 1adam1

1adam1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yeah im tempted just to bring it in to walmart because theyre stupid, but i dont know if they'll take it without a receipt. maybe if i cry pleading...
  7. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    best buys policy is great. ive gone through 4 psp's in 3 years
  8. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I really doubt they will give you a new nano in exchange for the old one

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. craigstephen420

craigstephen420 New Member

Best buy will refund your money if it within their 30 day return policy. I don't think you can do anything after that unless you somehow intentionally break it. Then they will just give you a refurbed 1g touch. I called a lady from bestbuy because I bought my touch a week ago. She told me to bring it in with my receipt and they will give me my money back ($500). I will then take that 500, and buy the new one, saving me a hundred bucks.
  10. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i have the 2 years plan with it so i can get a new one if my current PSP breaks again