Best Ways To Learn More About Photoshop Designing

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by fr0z3nic3, Apr 8, 2008.

1. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Ok, I know many people are not experts in Photoshop considering there are so many possibilities using it, its an incredible piece of software.. Here are two sources I've found very helpful to me, and I'm sure it will help many others gradually..

(NOTE: IF YOU HAVE FOUND A SOURCE THAT IS HELPFUL TO YOU AND THINK IT WILL HELP OTHERS, FEEL FREE TO PM ME THE LINK, GIVE ME A BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE SITE, A BANNER OR PICTURE FROM THE SITE, AND YOUR PERSONAL RATING.. I WILL PLACE IT IN THIS THREAD AND GIVE YOU THE CREDIT FOR THE FIND..)

~ http://revision3.com/pixelperfect/

Please Register or Log in to view images

PixelPerfect is a domain created by Bert Monroy.. This guy is a Photoshop guru.. He teaches you simple techniques with different types of projects and the best part they are video tutorials! They can be downloaded or streamed in many different formats, also the videos can be played in high and low quality.. With a wide variety of tutorials..

I'd give these tutorials|* * * *|Out of five..

~ http://youtube.com/user/MyDamnChannel

MyDamnChannel is a YouTube channel created by Donnie Hoyle, he has gotten six YouTube honors for his hilarious videos.. He has created a series of Photoshop tutorials titled "You Suck At Photoshop".. These are very genius tutorials; he uses the art of comedy and it really draws you in an never gets boring.. It is a short series, but he will be making more (his latest "You Suck At Photoshop" videos will be updated in this thread)..
    You Suck at Photoshop #1: Distort, Warp, & Layer Effects
    You Suck at Photoshop #2: Covering Your Mistakes
    You Suck at Photoshop #3: Clone Stamp and Manual Cloning
    You Suck at Photoshop #4: Paths and Masks
    You Suck at Photoshop #5: Select Color Range
    You Suck at Photoshop #6: Filter: Liquify
    You Suck at Photoshop #7: Patch Tools and Levels
    You Suck at Photoshop #8: 3D Layers
    You Suck At Photoshop #9: Curves
    You Suck At Photoshop #10: Vanishing Point

I'd give these tutorials|* * *| Out of five..

~ http://planetphotoshop.com

Planet Photoshop is a friendly website that has the most up to date news on anything Adobe. Corey Barker (Owner) is a very famous graphical artist and posts video tutorials on how to do different things in Photoshop CS3. The website has reviews of the latest equipment, tutorials, and even a FORUM. This website is a one stop website for all your Photoshop needs.

(fr0z3nic3- I would also, like to add compared to PixelPerfect this site acquires a search system, but it lacks a little when it come to video tutorials)

tipii gives these tutorials|* * * *| Out of five.. ​

~ http://psdtuts.com/

Really great site about loads of different effects and things you can do. Although there aren't general tips (like how to use the Liquify filter), you DO learn about these things whilst going along. Really nice site, easy to follow along and great end products.

alistair221 gives these tutorials |* * * * *| Out of five..​
    3 people like this.
  2. tipii

tipii New Member

great idea. ive been looking around and i would say Pixel Perfect is the most helpful.
    + rep for the great thread
  3. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Thanks, I personally think Donnie's tutorials are more enjoyable to watch..
    1 person likes this.
  4. tipii

tipii New Member

is that MyDamnChannel. if so ive never watched them. might give them a try tonight
  5. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Not many people visit this forum, because people post worthless threads in it.. I think this is a pretty good idea though..
  6. tipii

tipii New Member

yea people always going omg THEME HELP. and yea this thread is a great idea. Sticky?

do u havta submit things to be stickied?

EDIT: heres one of my favorite sites. video tutorials

http://www.planetphotoshop.com
  7. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Cool, give me a summary and your rating, and I'll add it.. Um, I'm not sure how stickies work, but I'll find out.. I'd be nice if it was a sticky or on the Wiki site..
  8. tipii

tipii New Member

ok ill write i quick summary. and yea this definitely needs to be stickied.

Planet Photoshop is a friendly website that has the most up to date news on anything Adobe. Corey Barker (Owner) is a very famous graphical artist and posts video tutorials on how to do different things in Photoshop CS3. The website has reviews of the latest equipment, tutorials, and even a FORUM. This website is a one stop website for all ur photoshop needs.

4 out of 5

could have more video tutorials but one man can only do so much.
  9. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nice Thanks!!!
  10. tipii

tipii New Member

SOMEONE ELSE POSTED BESIDES US FROZ3NIC3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. yea this thread got me back into photoshop. im still horrible but better than i was last week