Best way to maximize space on an 8gb

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yosnowman, Oct 29, 2010.

1. yosnowman

yosnowman Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Ok so I can get a really good deal on an ipod touch 4g but its only 8gb. Its never been opened or anything but I know for a fact that all my movies and music wont fit on it thats not including all the apps I want. The soonest I can get a 32gb is for x-mas but it would come with a receipt which is good considering all the "problems". (because the one im going to get someone won from a prize machine so no receipt lol) Long story short should I get it or not and if yes then are there any apps I could use to save space? (like streaming pc to ipod apps or anything else that could possibly save space)
  2. mkm159

mkm159 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    i personally suggest selling the 8GB. since it is unopened you could get 230 for it.
    dont forget 8GB come with around 7GB? so it really is not enough if you love a large music collection and music videos. i like music videos and i did not realize how quickly they add up space.

i went with the 32GB and i feel so happy. almost 9 gigs of music. lots of apps for fun. tonsss of pictures! jailbroken with cydia apps and everything.
    and i have around 15 gigs free?

OH! do not forget you can make HD videos which also add up!
  3. ijailbreak3dot0

ijailbreak3dot0 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try THIS

It cuts down the space your music takes up by more than half without deleting anything...

The catch is, if you're an audiophile and you use premium quality speakers, you may notice a slight quality degradation in your songs. However, this is not noticeable to the average person using regular $20 headphones.
  4. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I agree with Miera, best to wait and make sure that there are no problems. It is only 2 months, so you get alot more if you wait.

Know that saying?

"Good things come to those who wait"

I bought my touch 2g by making websites for the people who have buisnesses but not computers, and mowing yards. Took me 6 months to save up, and after that I did not know what i could buy with $120. So i got my touch 8GB, and love it, but you more than likley have more music and stuff for it.