Best way to get onto T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EricJD, Jun 23, 2009.

1. EricJD

EricJD New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I bought an iPhone 3G second-hand from a friend, and I've been using it essentially as an iPod Touch (no phone/data plan) for the past couple months. I just upgraded to 3.0 and unlocked it with ultrasn0w. What's the best way to get going with T-Mobile? Do I just buy the SIM card kit here? How do I get it activated?

Or do I just sign up for a new contract and get the cheapest (free) phone they have, and use the SIM from that? What options do I need to add to my plan to make sure I have full data service that'll work with the iPhone?

Sorry I have so many questions, but I want to make sure to get exactly what I need if I'm going to be dropping a lot of money into this

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Just sign up for a new contract, tell them you already have a phone and just get the sim card.

The unlimited (Edge) data plan is $20 for any phone, and it works great on the iPhone (haven't tried with ultrasnow yet, but I'm sure it'll work fine).

The cheapest plan would be 59.99 + 9.99 for unlmtd text messaging + 19.99 for data..which adds up to $89.97 (I could be wrong, but that was the cheapest plan I saw when I was getting a 2yr contract).
  3. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    what i would do is get one of the free phones t-mobile has and make sure its a good one and sell it for a little extra money in your pocket. you can find someone who will pay.
  4. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Nothing is free anymore. You have to pay for the upgrade fee which is $14.99 I believe (even for a free phone).
    Not sure if you have to if you're a new customer, but I had to.