Best way to boot/install LibUSB at school?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Salamantis, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Salamantis

Salamantis New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello,

Sorry if I sound like a noob here but I never booted an iPod on Windows (just Mac) so I don't know what all of these iRecovery things do.

What's the best way to boot my run rs iPod at school? There's just so many booters here that it's confusing :/

The thing I'm worried about is installing LibUSB on the computers and screwing something up on there. I want a good way to install it quickly and after I finish uninstall the driver so that it looks like nothing happened. Maybe if it's possible keep the driver on my USB drive and then enable/disable it using a batch file? I don't know. (by the way the computers run WinXP, no SP3)

I hear that redTool will soon have an update with LibUSB in it or something. Maybe I should wait for that?

Thanks.
  2. lokijuu105

lokijuu105 New Member

3. Danv

Danv Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    TouchPwn isn't RUNRS capable yet.

Just install libusb over 1 computer that you will use everything time! I did that at my school in the production room (an room to do homeworks only... well not everyday lol).

When I need to boot, I used that one so libusb is already installed. The Windows must be 32-bit so there will be no problem at all. Anyway, if you screw something... they will just Ghost the computer from their backup =P We did mess up a lot of computer at Maisonneuve because noobs where speading a virus from their infected usb key lol.
  4. Salamantis

Salamantis New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I doubt LibUSB will survive since my school uses DeepFreeze...

Also, what version of LibUSB should I use? On Mac there was a version that I tried that didn't work, and I'm wondering if Windows is the same.
  5. DevilsBP

DevilsBP New Member

i dont know but at my school they dont allow u to install anything they block it @_@ i just hate it when ur ipod crashes in school it crashed like 3times this week i die without music @_@
  6. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Exe's and command prompt are off limit at our school.

Please Register or Log in to view images