Best way to Access Free Yahoo Mail on Touch 2G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fiterfly, Apr 14, 2009.

1. fiterfly

fiterfly New Member

Hello everyone,

I did a search and could not find this exact same question on the forum.

I recently got my wife an 8GB Touch 2G, and she has been using it to access her email accounts with the Mail program.

The one account that she has been having trouble with is her free Yahoo Mail account. We cannot set it up using the Mail program, which makes sense because free accounts don't have POP3 or IMAP in the US (they do everywhere else in the world, as far as I know).

When she logs in using Safari, however, the Yahoo mail beta interface is really hard to use. It freezes from time to time and the ads really get in the way. I don't want to switch back to the "Classic" interface because she still checks it on her computer, and prefers the beta interface.

Does anybody have a workaround for that? I can't get her to switch to gmail...which would have been my easy solution.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.
  2. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yahoo and Apple worked out a deal where free account users can access their mail on an iPhone or iPod touch, so you can go ahead and set it up through the Mail app.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. bluchchavez

bluchchavez New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    idk but i have a free yahoo mail account and i can access it without a problem
  4. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ya, like groovemachine said, it works fine now, all you need is your screen name and password
  5. fiterfly

fiterfly New Member

Thanks for getting back to me, everyone.

That explains why I never found too much discussion about it. I must have done something else wrong then. I'll give it another try with the Mail app.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Yep, it seems to work fine with my wife's free account. I must have screwed up something the last time I tried. Thanks for your time!