Best way for Vista 64?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by 0b1-kn00by, Mar 28, 2009.

1. 0b1-kn00by

0b1-kn00by New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Okay, Ive tried with no success , to JB my 2g.
    Ive tried, quickfreedom and a bunch of other GUI's and manual tutorials to arrive at the same result, namely getting to the point where I'm Shift restoring in Itunes and it gets stuck on "preparing ipod to restore".
    What allways happens next is I get a USB noise ( dding) and then the 1604 error.
    Not a MASSIVE problem since I allways manage a successfull resore back to the original firmware and start again from square 1.
    This has been going on for over 2 weeks and I cant get past the same point, so , after reading several times that it may work on a different machine, I have the use of a friends PC running Vista 64.
    My friend is planning to format later 2 night after I leave as he cant stand Vista, so Hes not too botherd about what happens when I borrow it.

My question is this: Using his machine, what is the best way ( best meaning a JB'd Ipod, not just the easiest or quickest) to solve my 2 week old problem?

I have asked before and had no definate answer, I could really do with the IPTF help.

In some way we are all N00bs, but some of us are dicks too.
  2. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Are you sure you're patching the iPod correctly?