best video quality

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kms7852, Nov 24, 2007.

1. kms7852

kms7852 New Member

I know there are threads about video quality but I don't get some of them clearly.
    I'm using Imtoo MP4 converter 3.1. There are many options for convertering.
    I have been using iPod touch widescreen converting mode.
    It is 768 (not sure) x 408 and 1500kbps with audio 128kbps. There are several options luke 680 x 480 and 480x 320. What would be the best quality for watching movie if the bibrate is all same to 1500kpbs and other options are same. What SIZE( number x number) should I convert to ?
    Thank u

Extra: what is the zoom in the option? Like letterbox, or medium and that stuff? Does it matter to quality or size and stuff?
  2. Joeadb

Joeadb New Member

Great program I am thinking of getting the full version but have the same questions you do.. hopefully someone on here will answer shortly

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. CloudGaze

CloudGaze New Member

It really depends on how you like to view your videos: on the Touch, or on the TV (and what kind of TV).

My personal preference is 480x320 (the native Touch resolution) at 1048 kbps (I think 1500 might be an overkill) as I found 480X320@1048 to have a good quality/size ratio when you compare it to other options. The quality was great even when viewed on my 57" widescreen tv through component cables.

The best quality settings I found are as follows:
    - 480x320 @ 1048 kbps video encoding (currently using 2-pass encoding on Videora)
    - Widescreen Ipod Touch output option ON
    - Zoom option Ipod Touch (while viewing) OFF
    - TV set on "Wide Zoom" if available.

As for the aspect ratio question, I really like to keep the original aspect ratio in order to reduce loss. However, if you want to change the aspect ratio I would go with "letterbox" option and avoid "pan and scan" for best quality. This site has information and examples on these options:
    http://www.audioholics.com/educatio...rstanding-widescreen-letterboxed-and-pan-scan

Hope this helps

Please Register or Log in to view images