best video player for ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by applehacker, Aug 22, 2010.

1. applehacker

applehacker Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    as topic says that the best player which plays max video formats in ipod acc to me is oplayer and cinexplayer which can play avi,flv,etc formats
    wich is d best player wich plays many types of format
  2. In my opinion the best media player so far is Oplayer. It supports Divx, Xvid, WMV, MPG, MPEG2 and even HD-MKVs - though the latter ones will not work properly due to hardware limitations.

Speaking of which: You need at least an iTouch 3G (32 ord 64GB) or an iPhone 3GS to decode any other codecs than those which are already supported by iOS. Decoding has to be done by software rendering and that's why you need sufficient CPU power which only 3rd gen devices can provide.

Nevertheless: Divx and Xvid videos (avi-container) work like a charm for me on my iTouch 3G (64GB). Oplayer also supports srt-subtitles and multiple audio streams!

WMV playback is okay but not as good as avi playback. MPEG2 or any other format can become slightly choppy as soon as a video's resolution exceeds 640x480px.

There have been some complaints on the German Appstore: Some idiots have revoked their good reviews because they failed to read the app's description text. Lots of these folks thought Oplayer would have stopped supporting landscape mode - but it was still working: You just had to tilt your device BEFORE initiating playback! I admit this was a little confusing first. Nevertheless, the developer has already released another update which has replaced this confusing feature with a toggle in the app's settings tab (-->lock screen).
  3. Sepulcher

Sepulcher Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oplayer is very good, compared to others I have tried.
    I believe VLC player for the iphone/ipod touch is coming out in the next month or so...and it MIGHT be free