Best Video Editor?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Clusterfunk, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey, I'm buying a new HD video camera (Canon Vixia HF20) and I'm looking for a good video editor. One that has some advanced features, but is also somewhat easy to use. I have frequently used Pinnacle Studio for it, but I have been checking out Sony Vegas. I have used Adobe After Effects to some extent too, but I'm not looking for something that is all about special effects. I know what I'm doing when it comes to stuff like this, but I'm not awesome at it. What do all you video editors think?

I forgot to mention, PC specs aren't an issue. I have a gaming PC and I'm using Win XP.
  2. t3horeo

t3horeo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well i use windows movie maker most of the time. it's very simple straightforward and cuts through all the bs that a lot of the other ones have that aren't necessary

but u declare that you know what you're doing so i'd say that i prefer Adobe After Effects.
  3. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    After Effects is too complicated to do things like cutting and moving clips around. I don't need to do special effects.
  4. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i think pinnacle studio is the best... but its on the pricy side...