Best UK contract for unlocked iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ryan, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Whats the best contract to go on if i want to get an iphone and unlock it? I want unlimited data plan so i can use the internet how ever i want. Oh and yeah this is about the 'old' iPhone.

could you please post the name of the provider, the contract name, and the price per month. Thank you.

UK CONTRACTS ONLY!
  2. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

o2 Simplicity Sim Only
    400 Free Texts
    200 Free Minutes
    Free calls to other o2 mobiles
    £15 per month
    When you get it add the £7.50 bolt on for unlimited data transfer (edge/gprs)
    Month only contract - so you are not commited for any length of time, the only thing you need is to pay by direct debit (so you need a current bank account)

http://origin-shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/sim_only
  3. ELLDAWG

ELLDAWG Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  4. wardy

wardy New Member

I was looking at a couple of these t-mobile have some decent deals, called solo and they are only 30 day contracts

£15pm
    350 mins
    650 texts

or

£20pm
    500mins
    Unlimited texts

Usually you can pay £7.5 extra and get web and walk however i was unable to find this on this section of the site so i would CHECK with t-mobile to see if this is possible. You don't want a price plan which doent have free internet.

Hope this helps
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    hmmm thanks guys, but im looking for a longer contract realy, i dont want to have to keep re-newing every month.
  6. wardy

wardy New Member

you dont renue. I beleive the 30 day contract means that you can cancel any month. You just wait till the 30 are over instead of the 18months etc.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong.
  7. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

pay as you go is going to be delayed... probs till xmas...

and o2 is the only option
  8. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

You don't renew each month, it is automatically debited from your account each month, the only difference is that if you want to leave you can - instead of being tied to them. Wardy's T-Mobile rates look pretty favourable as well, as he says you really need to add the unlimted data because the iPhone chews bandwidth and you are charged per 1mb to 3mb of data transfer depending on the providor around £1 without a plan - you can easy do 10mb browsing a few web sites, checking e-mail and looking at maps so the data charge will rack up quick.

I'm on the simplicity contract and you can view your allowance online for text and call time, and I have tried the sim now in 3 iPhones which I have Pwned and restored fresh and all have fully worked with edge, calling, text etc.
  9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    thanks for the explanation rob =]

yeah if i dont get a 3g iphone then this looks like the option for me =]