BEST RACING GAME EVER-Real Racing

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by bt312, Aug 4, 2009.

1. bt312

bt312 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Pics At Bottom Of Post Also

frr-20070319-14.png

It took me a while to decide whether or not to buy this game but I finally did and this is the best game i have ever bought from the App Store and maybe the best app in the entire store.

Heres my review.....

The game opens to the main menu where you can select from game modes, options, multiplayer, credits, and profile
    RRmenu.PNG.png

In the options area you can adjust both the game's sounds and how the car you are driving is controlled.

There are four different methods to control the car.

Method A controls the car with the device's acelerometer. It automatically accelerates the car but requires you to do the braking.

Braking is done by pressing on the screen where a brake icon appears

Method B is the most manual setting. You use the device's accelerometer to steer and both manually accelerate and brake.

Method C uses the device's touch screen to steer. Touch right to go right and left to drive left.

In this method the game automatically accelerates for you but you control the braking.

And then there's method D which features a realistic steering wheel which you use to control the car.

Like method C in this method the game automatically accelerates for you but you control the braking.

The other settings allow you to adjust the game's sounds.

You can flip the screen orientation as well as reset the game if you finish it.

When you're ready to hit the track there are three types of races to choose from.

Time Trial, Career and Quick Race.

In career mode you compete in different races to unlock new championships
    and cars.

In time trial mode the goal is to complete one lap and fast as you can. You can also see how other players did online and there are no cars racing against you

Quick race mode lets you quickly start racing

You first select a track on which to race.
    Iphoneblog-iPhoneGameRealRacing837-60.jpg

Then you get to pick a vehicle, first the category section. Again, more are unlocked as you play the game.
    iphone-app-preview-real-racing-2.png

Once the race starts the car is easy to control. It turns smoothly and the sounds are really really realistic.
    IMG_01.png

The driver shifts the gear shift which looks awesome whenever you speed up or slow down(Only in c*ckpit view) and turns the wheel making feel like you're really controlling the driver
    frr-20070319-14.png

The game has a very realistic look and feel to it which makes you really feel like you're behind the wheel controlling the car's movements.
    real_racing.jpg

At the end of your race you'll see your place, time and best lap and where all the other cars finished
    iphone-game-reviews-real-racing-01.jpg

The game also features a local multi player mode which allows you to compete against other players who are on your local network. And i must say that this game does not have bluetooth yet but im hoping for it in an update soon!!

You can submit your stats to Cloudcell which is the online server that is also used in flight control(This game is from the great Dev Firemint)

So if you are a fan of racing games and have an iPod Touch or iPhone you should siriously buy this.....

Now....

Stop Readinng this and buy it already!!!

And as you can see if you read this i really want to win some prizes from the Write and Win Comp.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Buy Here----http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=318366258&mt=8

Here Are Pictures
    real_racing.jpg

iphone-game-reviews-real-racing-01.jpg

IMG_01.png

Iphoneblog-iPhoneGameRealRacing837-60.jpg

frr-20070319-14.png

RRmenu.PNG.png

iphone-app-preview-real-racing-2.png
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Needs some pictures.
  3. bt312

bt312 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ok i will add some
  4. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the game is amazing though! all you need in a racing game that isnt there yet is multiplayer, world wide multiplayer
  5. Shaded Light

Shaded Light Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    bigger pictures please.
  6. InfiniteVolume

InfiniteVolume New Member

Device:
    iPad
    ^ I second that.

Also, you need better paragraphing. Don't skip a line for every sentence. It makes the review seem very choppy. I myself recently reviewed Real Racing also, so if you want to check it out, link in my signature.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'd only recommend this if you actually like Racing Simulators.
  8. bt312

bt312 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    dont know how to make pics bigger i guess you can click on them to make them bigger. This is my first review so.......I dont know that much about it