best program for putting dvd or avi to ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by specialbuddy, Nov 10, 2007.

1. specialbuddy

specialbuddy New Member

I tried to do a search but dvd and avi are lower then 4 letter words so it won't let me. I'm getting the touch in the mail soon and my roommate is moving out this weekend and I'm turning all of his dvd's to avi files. How do I put avi files on the touch. Does itunes convert or do I need third party software. Also what should avi's be ripped at to get good quality. I read 2000 bitrate but I don't know much more then that since I just started doing this yesterday. Any suggestions would help.
  2. domenic72

domenic72 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    U'r gonna have to convert them to mp4...google Videora iPod Touch...or go to winavi and get the avi to mp4 convertor. It takes longer but I prefer Vidora because the foramt is perfect for the touch screen! Then just import into iTunes and alls good!
  3. ipodman

ipodman New Member

Try handbrake its pretty easy and straight forward
  4. sam1215

sam1215 New Member

HAND BRake

HANDBRAKE is great it works on windows and mac GOOGLE IT
    its fantastic
  5. ph2t

ph2t New Member

Handbrake is an excellent program but that's only good if you have the DVD to start with. If you have AVI then you need to use something else.

I personally use meGUI since it's an excellnet opensource tool using the open source x264 encoder. Very fast, very manipulable and very educational.

Wil two pass encoding you can get your typical 90 min film down to approx 400MB-450MB whilst maintaining excellent qulity for portable playback.
  6. Joeadb

Joeadb New Member

I downloaded a program called Im Too Ipod video converter works very well and very easy to use... google it