Best PDF Reader for the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tman47, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'm getting an iPad Friday, and one of the major uses for me is being able to read PDFs. Currently I'm scanning all of my school papers for an index into my computer, organized first by subject, then unit, and each unit is it's own PDF.

Is there any good app for the iPad that can not only read the PDFs I make but also have a way of organizing them into folders or something along those lines?

If not then would it be feasible to organize each subject into a photo album? Thanks.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

GoodReader is good, I just checked GoodReader (on my iPod) and it has the ability to make folders, so you can organize your documents pretty well

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. badboy.mjk

badboy.mjk New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    you can wait till quick office makes an iPad version it's pretty good on my touch
  4. zh_Denis

zh_Denis New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    • Misleading material
    Well, I'm using ReaddleDocs. For me it's the most useful app compared to Goodreader (which is too complicated and has awkward UI or AirSharing - they simply copied iPhone UI and got a price at 10$). Therefore, ReaddleDocs seems to be the only option. It provides a bunch of file management features (yes you can create folders, drag files, copy files via iTunes USB, PDF supports text reflow, e-mail attachements may be saved, it has build-in browser and much more).

I strongly recommend it.
  5. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Nice try! Misleading our members by bad-mouthing a product that competes with yours is not OK. It's called astro-turfing and is forbidden by the rules.
  6. Janet

Janet Banned

+1 GoodReader
  7. Donka

Donka Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    GoodReader all the way.
  8. jtrosky

jtrosky New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Another vote for GoodReader... Besides .pdf's, it also does a wonderful job at display just about any file type, transferring files, DropBox, etc.. Regardless what was said above, GoodReader is actually CHEAPER than ReaddleDocs the last time I checked - so I'm not sure what that guy is talking about. I've seen both and I prefer GoodReader.

And do, I didn't write GoodReader!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Although, I sure wish I had!