Best path for JB'd 1.1.1?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by AdamC, Jan 30, 2008.

1. AdamC

AdamC New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So I jailbroke my iPod when I first bought it, on the 1.1.1 firmware. Now, I want to up to the 1.1.3 firmware, and the best package I've seen to do it was from iJailbreak.com. This method however, uses Nate True's method of jailbreak, which I have heard will cause issues with the upcoming SDK. While ijailbreak's 1.1.2 firmware doesn't use Nate True's method, rather the iPhoneDevTeam version. Should I upgrade to a JB'd 1.1.2 iPoT and then proceed to do that version, or is there a way to upgrade from 1.1.1 without using Nate True's method?

Thanks for any help,
    Adam
  2. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Right now, I am not sure if there's an easy way to JB 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 without Nate's method. The only suggestion I can give if you prefer using the Dev Team's method is to upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbroke it. Once your there, install BSD Subsystem 2.0 and Installer 3.0b10. Then you are ready to go to 1.1.3. I'll give you a heads up that 1.1.3 is a very long process (40-60minutes) so it takes patience. Also make sure your iPod is set to Autolock-Never when jailbreaking 1.1.3.
  3. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

To have a correctly working 1.1.3 jailbroken iTouch using the Dev Team method, you need to upgrade to a jailbroken 1.1.2 firmware first.
  4. AdamC

AdamC New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is there a decent write up on how to do this on a Mac? I've been hunting around and can't really find it.
  5. comley16

comley16 New Member

i wouldnt update to 1.1.3 atm

becuz basically everythin on it isnt wokin properyl so id jst stay on the 1.1.2, install software n stuff to upgrade it 2 1.1.3 so wen everythings fine u cn do it easy
  6. AdamC

AdamC New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Any updates on this post? Is there a more trusted version/upgrade path from a JB'd 1.1.1 to get to 1.1.3?