Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Best NIV Bible Application Offline

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Complexis, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Anyone use any NIV bible application on appstore? A friend of mine just got a new iPhone and was wondering which one he should download. There are so many:

Bible
    Mantis Bible Study
    BibleReader
    Holy Bible
    Touchword Bible
    Touch Bible
    etc
    etc
    etc

Which one is the best out of the whole lot? Any experience with any of them?
    Bukuru likes this.
  2. eblah

eblah New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Holy Bible by LifeChurch.tv/YouVersion is, by far, the best I've seen. You have to be online to read the NIV due to licensing fees, though. However, they do have a handful you can store on your iPod/iPhone for offline use, including NKJV, ASV, and KJV among several others.

Personally, I use it as my daily reading Bible now. If you switch translations often it may crash, but other than that it's a great app.

Oh, and it's the best price (the price Bibles should cost): free.
  3. NewAppleFan

NewAppleFan New Member

New Ipodtouch Fan

My husband and daughter gave me the itouch for Christmas and now I feel that I really need to get them each their own. I've downloaded about 5 free bibles and the YouVersion is without a doubt the best. I use it at home for reading and study; however, I'm wireless at home. I want to use it at church, but haven't been able to connect to their wireless system yet. I've connected to about 4 other systems without a problem both secure and not. Access to YouVersion's translations is the coolest application for studying the Bible, so churches need to go wireless. I'm quickly becoming a fan of Apple and encouraging wireless where feasible.
  4. Pawnage

Pawnage New Member

well this is just me, but i bought the biblescope application for $5. This only provides few translations, but i went to their website where you can buy the NIV version, NIRV(New International Reader's Version), and TNIV (Today's New International Version) all in one pack for an additional $20. They give you a code that you enter into biblescope that enables you to download it. My favorite bible app so far. :]
  5. eblah

eblah New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I really wish apps would stick to the Apple design guidelines. It may be a great app, but when it looks awful (as the screenshots show), I generally stay far away.

I would really like to see a bible app that has commentary, a lexicon, and other Bible reference features. I really hope LifeChurch.tv works more on their app as they have an amazing groundwork right now, I just feel it needs a few more features that are missing from all of the Bible apps I have seen, so far. I also would like it if they would offer, even it's paid (or even a "subscription" type thing) for other translations. I usually read the NLT, but at church the NIV is used and we are without Internet there.
  6. curtlow

curtlow Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why Godifiy your ipod?
  7. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Member

Device:
    iPad
    I will check out that lifechurch version. I have wireless at home though so I will check out the others too.

Thanks
  8. Dexter_Haye21

Dexter_Haye21 New Member

how do you download the bible offline. Please i just need to kno so i Can use it while im in church and for toehr purposes. please send it to my email or thru this which is mastajk4@aol.com, or freshkidd3x@aol.com Thank You
  9. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Member

Device:
    iPad
    You cannot download any application offline of course because there would be no internet connection. You can READ a lot of them offline.

A lot of churches have Wifi so you can connect easily to your church's Wifi connection OR simply read it offline if your church has no Wifi provided it's a bible that hopefully can be read offline. I can't imagine that any of the bibles make you go online to be able to read them but the lifechurch one looks like it can't be read offline. I haven't downloaded it yet but hopefully in a future update they will add this. Check the description! :)

PLEASE Download the free ebook reader Stanza as well because you can get the bible and have it ON your iphone/ipod touch to read whenever you want
  10. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

SOME of us on the forums are actually religious, believe it or not.

I like the YouVersion version, although you have to pay.