best MSN app?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Substance59, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Substance59

Substance59 New Member

So i'm looking for the best app to have MSN on, and i have IM+ lite, and i was wondering if there were any better ones out there
  2. M3rcer

M3rcer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    if you want a free app IM+ lite is the best IMO, but if you can afford Beejive, go for it, I like it a lot, good features, not sure about the pro version of IM+
  3. Hollie is Epic

Hollie is Epic New Member

The pro vesion of IM+ is amazing, I definately recommend it!
    Or like, M3rcer said if you can't afford it, get Beejive

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. carri07

carri07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Free app... IM+ lite or you can also go with fring

Payed app... u can choose between beejive and IM+ pro

They are very similar apps, they both use the horizontal keyboard. However, beejive lets you use your own background, it kind of runs in the background and tells you with those red numbers how many unread ims you have and its pretty accurate in timing.

Also you can add your contact to your contact list and even use their msn picture... i would really reccomend beejive but if u cant afford those extra 5 bucks go with IM+ pro its really good also
  5. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have both IM+ Pro and Beejive. ( got IM+ pro when they had like a 90% sale otherwise i wouldn't of got it because i had Beejive).

Anyway as people said they are very similar. The main reason i use Beejive over IM+ Pro is because IM+ Pro doesn't let you set a display name and a display picture or status message. But it shows your friends display pic, name and status message.

In beejive it lets you set it all, including a display picture from your iphones camera roll or photos, which is really useful. Beejive also lets you sort your contacts into groups, but IM+ Pro only lets you display groups. With sending files, Beejive either hosts your image file, or can send it directly, whereas IM+ only hosts it somewhere and sends the link.

I think Beejive is also a bit faster in connecting.

EDIT:
    I would say go for beejive, its worth the extra little bit of money.
    Especially for the display name thing, on IM+ all it will show is your email address as your display name, no display pic and no personal message. So people wont know who you are unless they know your email address.
  6. joelk11

joelk11 New Member

Nimbuzz is very good to link Skype, MSN, AOL chat and Facebook chat and it's free!
  7. Lord-Hypnos

Lord-Hypnos New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'd say Nimbuzz