Best Method to Buy...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JediSkipdogg, Oct 22, 2008.

1. JediSkipdogg

JediSkipdogg New Member

Ok, I've read around on here and have found different ways to buy one. I have 17.5 GB of MP3 files, therefore to keep it simple and just place them all on the device I need the 32 GB one. I've been reading posts and have found different ways to get the best deal, so I'm wondering which is the best...

A) Wait (an unknown period) for the 2nd Gen refurbished to come online. However, one, I don't think anyone truely knows if that will be in November of not till after the holidays. The other main unknown will be how much it will be. I would also have to pay tax on this, which could be in the area of $20-25.

B) Buy from MacMall.com where they have it for $380 and include 4 free items...engraving...protective case...wall outlet to usb charger adapter...fm modulator (could care less about that.) After the rebates, it would be a flat $380.

C) I read a post on here today that using live.com and then buy it now w/paypal on ebay can get 25% off. This gives alot of great packages, however, I wonder how well that works (could I end up losing on it) and how does the warranty work?

D) Get an Archos 5. I use to have an Archos and loved it, however, it was huge, bulky, and is now dead (due to water.) I like the Internet better on the Archos (bigger screen and faster) however, I think I'd use the app store more than the Internet on the device.

Thoughts? Help? Best Option?
  2. andrewpiro

andrewpiro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    even though apple's is 400 dollars, their support is great.

or buy one from costco/prce club/sam's club

they have like a 2 year warranty.

i dont know where you live, but if you live in the states those are some good options.
  3. Spd2Last

Spd2Last Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I purchased my 32GB + belkin sonic wave case + screen protector all from macmall for a total of $406 shipped priority to my house. I got it in 2 days and I live in South Florida (they shipped from Cali.)
  4. touchey

touchey New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I bought mine at Target and opened a credit card at the same time. I saved ten percent on both my iPod AND my 3 yr extended warrantee.