Best memo/note app for former Palm user

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by sunrider, Aug 31, 2009.

1. sunrider

sunrider New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Looking for recommendations for a good memo/note type app for a former Palm user. Have only had my ipod touch for a few weeks now and am looking to replace the functionality I loved of the Palm (last model was a Tungsten E).

I have looked at reviews of several apps but am hesistant to invest in one only to find it sucks.

Looking for a decent memo/note size (i.e not limited to like 250 characters each or some such), the ability to mark with categories (nesting might be nice), the ability to password protect memos (one by one, not the entire program).

I tried searching this forum for ideas on this, and though several people have asked this question before, no one ever answers them. Surely there are former Palm users out there . . .
  2. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
  3. sunrider

sunrider New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I looked at that, but wasn't sure of the note size. The screen examples all look way too limited for the size of the notes I will need to convert from my palm.

Do you happen to know the character size for an individual note?
  4. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I think it can do alot more then 250, i think.
  5. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a couple of notes that have over 2000 characters and it handles them just fine. Now, those were not created in aNote. They were written in Google Docs and imported. I hadn't tried to originate something that large in aNote as yet. I think it's worth the price. You cannot pw protect indivdual notes, but you can pw protect a category. To me, that's even better.
  6. sunrider

sunrider New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, I can definitely see the advantage to protecting an entire category.

I ran across one program where you could only protect the entire program, which I think would be more of a pain that it was worth.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    FYI, I emailed Bridworks and asked them. Got this less than 24 hours later (so impressive response to their email!)

------------------double post merged------------------
    Hmmm, is there any note/memo program that actually syncs with Google docs instead of just import/export? I was reading in the reviews that aNote tends to create duplicates.
  7. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It will create duplicates. I tried to find something that would sync, but couldn't find anything with decent information. This was the next best option.
  8. IamTheWalrus

IamTheWalrus New Member

Notes? J/k
    I use DocumentsToGo, but I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for,
    since it's full documents and stuff like that. (Power Point, Word, etc.)
  9. sunrider

sunrider New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thinking about trying NoteMaster, but still haven't decided.
  10. susanl

susanl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Now that you've had 3 yrs to figure this out, what have you come up with? It's hard to believe that you still can't alphabetize "Notes" or secure it. I still have my Palm, feel ridiculous, but haven't seen any reference to anything that is the equivalent of "Memos" (syncable w/ PC, alphabetizable, individually "lock" protectable). Evernotes is the best I've come up with so far.