Best Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by kaochi, Dec 13, 2007.

1. kaochi

kaochi New Member

Hi, everyone
    I read a lot about jailbreaking, but I have a doubt: what jailbreaking method is the best one: the jailbreakme.com or the one posted by planetbeing? I don't have Wi-Fi at home, so either way, i'll need to go to a friend's house or to a mall to get this thing done, so: what are the advantages of each one?

Thanks ^^

EDIT: another question: i can't update via iTunes when I jailbreak, so, how am I going to get the new functions of the update?
  2. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They're the same.

About the update: when you will update to the new firmware when it's officially available, it will most likely remove the jailbreak and most of what is not from Apple like it did with the 1.1.2 when it came out.

You can do that and stick with the original Apple bundle until a method comes to work around this, I'm sure people will figure out a way to jailbreak again. Or you can wait a little longer in the hope someone comes up with a solution that doesn't need to go back to 1.1.1 before updating again to 1.1.3 (and keep your applications in the mean time).

In both cases, chances are that all 3rd-party applications and data will have to be backuped because they will be lost in the process.
  3. kaochi

kaochi New Member

thank you very much for the help ^^