Best iTunes Alternative?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by BMANZZS, Jan 11, 2008.

1. BMANZZS

BMANZZS New Member

Although I don't own an iPod Touch as of now, I've tried iTunes before and really DO NOT want to use it. Does anyone have any suggestions of a quality iTunes alternative?
  2. Chumzz

Chumzz New Member

Dont u need I Tunes to sync to ur ipod?? and to update and such
  3. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

There are no alternatives to iTunes... they won't work with the Touch... I don't see why don't you like iTunes, I love it. =D
  4. Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw New Member

No alternatives

I really didn't like iTunes either, but it does grow on you

Please Register or Log in to view images

I looked for alternatives and didn't find anything that worked to sync with iPod. I liked the new version of Winamp for playing the music (it won't play AAC though), and won't sync. Windows Media centre won't play protected files from iTunes either, so I ended up sticking with iTunes. Now I'm getting used to it, it's not so bad

Please Register or Log in to view images

It has some really handy features when you've learned how to use them.
  5. e.mann30

e.mann30 New Member

Try this

iDump Pro works. Google it , download it , and try it. You can back-up your whole Itunes library on here also.
  6. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

i just recently gt d ipod touch .... but d damn itunes is so backward, in d sense tht thrs no way 2 pick d pics u wnt 2 put in it ..... it only syncs by folders !!! ..... i dnt wnt all d pics in my many pic folders to go onto d touch ..... so i need anthr software 2 manage my stuff ..... i wonder if thrs any alternative 4 d touch rite nw

anothr stupid thng is d video conversion requirement ...... i mean cmon evry bloody file out thr is mostly avi .... so imagine d amount of work we hv 2 do 2 put 1 video file even ..... their crap apple monopoly ..... cant they just make evrythin simple ...... an ordinary user wouldnt b able 2 get videos on thr witout knowin abt d conversion part !!!

also does any1 knw y d touch doesnt show up as a drive or a removable drive atleast in explorer ??? it would b so easy if it came up tht way & thn just drap & drop like my creative mp3 player ..... honestly d touch would b useless witout jailbreakin it !!!
  7. ence117

ence117 New Member

Dang, I dont understand how you people can stand iTunes. Its so ridiculous with there whole syncing ideas. I can't even put a video on my ipod then delete it from my computer since when I resync it gets rid of the movie I put on my Touch. Why can't I just drag and drop the stuff I want in there. I also ended up deleting every song off my ipod and had to resync them all because I was trying to get my video back. I JUST WANT DRAG AND DROP.

Please don't tell me there is no alternative!
  8. EmeraldICE

EmeraldICE New Member

I love iTunes. I'm actually the opposite of ence117. I hate drag and drop, I just want to manage all my stuff in iTunes, plug in the iPod, have it sync and go. I don't mind not being able to delete things from my computer - I've got a giant HD.
    Although since they insist we use iTunes, it would be nice if they offered users a choice instead of forcing something upon them.
  9. matthewsime

matthewsime New Member

..don't sync?

You could always check 'manually manage songs and videos' couldn't you?
  10. cripesonfriday

cripesonfriday New Member

Media monkey is very popular with some although I have always hated it, although this is a personal issue

Foobar is an exceptional player but it is butt ugly out of the box.Once you get the right add-ons foobar is a truly great player with a footprint a quarter the size of iTunes.