Best iPod Touch video converter

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by steeped, Oct 17, 2007.

1. steeped

steeped New Member

I bought the 8gb Touch because I frankly don't have the extra $100 for the 16gb and if I did, I would just get the iPhone which as well would leave me with 8gb - but not like I really need more room.

Anyways, I am going on a cruise in a week and getting a load of movies on my Touch is necessary. I downloaded the program Ultra Video To iPod which is OK and it compresses the video down to 300-400mb range but the quality looks like the video should be about 100mb. I also downloaded Jodix which was very good for my older iPod Video, but when I use it on my iPod Touch, it doesn't make the video fit the whole screen...

So after reading my whole ipod conversion story, does anyone have a good program (I don't mind spending a few dollars) which compresses a video so it could save space on my iPod and keeps some decent quality, as well fits the whole 3.5" screen?

Edit: Also, what is the conversion mode thing? For Example, is h.246 better than MPEG4? How many KBPS?
  2. its.joesef

its.joesef New Member

Cucusoft DVD to ipod. Costs like 20-30 bucks on different sites, or just download it off Limewire like me. Best program to date. The quality is the best, and very customizable.
  3. steeped

steeped New Member

Alright I'll try the program. How many mb are your videos and what settings do you use to convert?
  4. XouTUbe

XouTUbe New Member

5. Ipodtouchftw

Ipodtouchftw Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I can recommend Videora Ipod Converter!
    I use it myself and its very nice, you can enhance the quality on both video and audio and...watch this... you accually notice a difference!
    And the best part is ITS FREE!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Search it on google or download it for Download.com
  6. Glisern

Glisern New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same here. Tried Videora, and it delivered very good quality. But the best thing would be if you had a Mac. Then you could use a program called VideoHub, which can use a technique called X grid. Which is much better and faster than other converting standards
  7. krayziebydaflesh

krayziebydaflesh Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I personally use ImTOO .. ive tried videora but it was to slow.. ImTOO delivers great quality is th lowest amount of time
  8. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

cyberserg.com
    lots of programs for converting videos there
    Please only download from there if you are willing to contribute!
  9. admkenshin

admkenshin New Member

Only if you have access to an X Grid cluster, which requires a Mac server as a controller, and then the grid is only as fast as the number of computers you have. But if you work at Apple ^^(or some other place with large amounts of networked Macs just waiting to be exploited), it's a good program.
  10. tcr071000

tcr071000 New Member

Not really on topic but does anyone know of a free program that will merge multiple video files together? I have a couple of movies on my hard drive that are stored in 5 minute chunks that need splicing as well as some downloaded family guy episodes that I want to play back to back without going into the menu and selecting a new one.

Does anyone know a free program to merge video files? Thanks.