Best iPod Touch compatible head unit (in-dash stereo)??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by colonelcack, Aug 21, 2008.

1. colonelcack

colonelcack New Member

Hello,

I'm getting a new stereo for my car soon and was wondering what the best head units are to control the iPod Touch? I know there is a very limited number of devices that work with it, so please share your personal experiences...I see a list of a couple that work on the compatibility wiki, but most are older models.

What is the best new headunit to control the iPod Touch that has the best user interface and ease of use? And HD radio ready would be nice too...
  2. aa_man137

aa_man137 New Member

1. Pioneer
    2. Alpine
    3. Kenwood

Just from my expieriences in installing and testing different head units (kenwood, alpine, pioneer, etc.) I would say none of them compare to the actual ease of use of the ipod touch's GUI. This is why in my own vehicle i have a dock setup in a conveinient location with an adapter by Monster Cable called iTV (dock connector to full RCA jacks) into the AUX IN of my head unit. Give me easy control and great sound quality. Also it has a micro-USB plug in on the cable to allow for simultaneous charging. The only downside to this setup is the iTV cable was not made for the touch or iphone so the video out capability does not work. I dont kno if this can be fixed through a software mod but it is my only complaint. Good luck
  3. colonelcack

colonelcack New Member

Do you have any model #s you have used? I'm looking for something that can play and navigate through the dock cable...not an rca jack.