Best ipod touch cases (narrowed)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by yyyy2999, Dec 27, 2009.

?

Which is your favourite case?

1. Incase slider

25.0%
  2. Incipio feather

6.3%
  3. Speck candyshell

43.8%
  4. Contour flick

3.1%
  5. Other

21.9%
  1. yyyy2999

yyyy2999 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So i've been doing ALOT of research on alot of ipod touch cases. (2g and 3g) I've narrowed them down to the top 4 best ones.

1- Incase slider

2- incipio feather

3- Speck candyshell

4- Contour Flick

I prefer hard cases over silicon ones because when you run your finger over the silicon that goes over the bezel, it opens up and gets very flabby. Also its a lint collector. Hard cases do not have this issue and offers better feel and protection.

If you dont agree leave your favourite case below.
  2. chevro1et

chevro1et New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Very happy with my Switcheasy Rebel Touch.
  3. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

NeoTouch, also from SwitchEasy. The two plastic frames (H frame and I-frame) cover all of the silicone, which is only used as an inner lining to protect the back of the iPod from scratching and to act as a buffer between the iPod and the plastic case. So everything but the buttons are covered by hard plastic. The Candyshell's issue is that the plastic 'lip' does get a bit flabby later on, since it and the corners are joined only by the silicone/rubber lining... and there have been cases of the Candyshell getting loose after a few times pulling the case off and on. I'd suggest the Feather or maybe even the Showcase over the Flick, especially since the latter has an actual locking switch to close the case around the iPod versus that little silicone bit that connects both halves of the Flick.
  4. yyyy2999

yyyy2999 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The neo is pretty sh*tty. That thin silicon membrane easily tears apart and when trying to put the hard plastic on, the membrane is extremely hard to place properly aligned. The feather's matte finish actually gets scratched up pretty easily too but its one of the best cases still. The incase and candyshell are probably the best though.
  5. Jarlath

Have you seen or tried one then? Most of the people who complained about that appeared to have not read the instructions or watched any of the YouTube videos on it, which indicated 'slow and steady'... and they're the ones who also have issues with the RebelTouch's ADSP-layer getting squished out of shape too, judging by some of the comments.

Also the Incase's main issue, at least in my eyes, is that everything's exposed on the bottom part of the case and that there's zero button protection... which the Candyshell provides, but the Candyshell's lack of bezel coverage means it collects lint inside the case, and has a reported issue with getting flabby as time goes on (due to the fact that the corners which flex to let you put the iPod in are made of the same silicone as the lining of the case).
  6. yyyy2999

yyyy2999 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yea i have, the membrane is just a fail and it rips really easily. Applying it, being the careful person i am, i still cant align it properly. Just a bad design.
  7. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Speck pixelskin.
  8. Jarlath

Odd. The Rebel was worse to put on, especially with the pinching issues - the 'tearing case' thing was never an issue as long as you followed instructions to drag the other half of the H-frame over the cover (which was a b*tch). The Pixelskin's not a bad choice for a silicone case either, although it's not smooth, as it doesn't seem to gather lint easily being more of a soft plastic than silicone.
  9. Exhonour

Exhonour New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I use a matte type of incase slider. Holds ipod nicely, easy to put on, its a hard shell (not this rubber bull), it's very slim and very nice to feel.

The only con I have with it is that because it is matte (there are other materials like the gloss plastic), scratches are very visible on it and it also collects dust and dirt easily. You can buff out the scratches but that leaves a mark of its own.

All the other cases you've listed, I've seen them in stores and they look really fat.
  10. yyyy2999

yyyy2999 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    feather, flick, speck are very slim designs. The matte looks really nice but it does get scratched really easy. The same thing happening on my incipio feather. Also glossy and clear plastic cases are probably the worst.Eg, the contour showcase has a clear back which leaves sooo many hairlines and scuffs.