Best High end IEM?

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by gunzmaiet, May 26, 2010.

1. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

I'm considering buying high end IEMs and i'm pretty sure i'm gonna get IE8s but i want to know what other alternatives there are that are also "basshead-friendly"

Please Register or Log in to view images

i also want to know what the best permanent tips (No Comply) to get to make it sound better
  2. Sitruss

Sitruss New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    High-end IEMs do not have the bass that cheap "bass-enhanced" earbuds do. Sound signatures may be different but you aren't going to get the bloated sound that cheaper models produce.

As for the best, EARSonics SM3 are purported to be the most transparent and versatile IEMs available, with the best bass power that extends extremely deep. For something cheaper, I believe UE Triple.Fi 10s are still running US$240 on Amazon.
  3. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

im not looking for something thats like "bad bassy", but i want the bass impact of a dynamic driver (im not sure that ortofon or the gr8s are under $300 amazon/ amazon marketplace)
    i dont want the UEs cuz i heard that they stick out alot

i also want the Senn cuz Chung has them

but i want to know if theres anything better than shure olives
  4. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

5. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    How about taking a look at Sony's high performance buds, the EX700's? They are the best in-ear headphone's Sony makes, so it may be worth a look at. I find my EX300's AMAZING, the EX700's most probably will be better. They have 16mm drivers, which is very similar to over-the-ear headphone's, like Beats By Dre Studio's 20mm drivers... The drivers are held vertically though, so they don't seem as big.

The EX300's (which I have) have the same vertical style'd drivers, (albeit smaller, 13mm,) and they are very comfortable.

Bass on my EX300's is quite nice. Not over-powering or muddy. It's tightly wound instead of loose, and is perfectly balanced with actual sound quality. If the EX700's are any better (I'd think so,) then you would get exceptional bass AND audio quality.

They may be $300 retail, but are like $180 on Amazon USA... (through Amazon as a seller, not some sketchy seller... Any seller that's not Amazon itself is sketchy to me...)
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Mdr-Ex700Lp-Earbud-Style-Headphones/dp/B0015AFOL4/

Here is the official Sony page for them.
    http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665378178