Best Hard Case or Grip case for iPod Touch 1st Gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Markcooz, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Markcooz

Markcooz New Member

I'm new here so go easy on me on this one

Please Register or Log in to view images

anyways I'm looking for a case for my iPod 1st gen
    i bought it off of my friend for $75 it's in good condition, kinda has scratches but it's not that noticable... front (main) screen is fantastic,

I just want to know what is a good case (hard shell or grip) case for the 1st gen

I've tried Wal-Mart, best buy, target, circuit city, and other stores around here...

and they only seem to have 2g's cases.

any suggestion where I could buy them (online or stores) and what kind they are

thanks

- Mark Cooz
  2. TomboFry

TomboFry Member

Get a RebelTouch, they look quite good.
    Get them off eBay, they're probably quite cheap (get a new one, not a used one)
    Although I'm not sure if they're for 1G or 2G
  3. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

RebelTouch is only for the 2G... as it says RIGHT ON THE PACKAGING.

For 1G cases, check the clearance sections of most of those shops... or see if you can find one of those gently used or from someone on eBay. The Incase Slider's pretty good for a grip case on the 1G, as long as you get the rubberized versions, otherwise there's also the iSee from Contour Designs.
  4. tmaxx445

tmaxx445 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  5. Markcooz

Markcooz New Member

thanks for the replies

the incase is really nice!, but too expensive... do you know anything that goes for about $10-20 and will not make the iPod look bulky...?

EDIT: Thanks tmaxx445

EDIT 2: What was the third link... it gave me some error...
  6. tmaxx445

tmaxx445 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It was this
    http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-iClea...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232845353&sr=8-12
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    If you don't want it to be bulky and don't need it to be drop proof just want to protect it from scratches then you might want to look into invisibleSHIELD™ or BES.
    http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...es-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-75/iPod-Touch-Skin/Detail

tmaxx445

The BES is about the same but 1/3 the price but does not come with installation solution. You have to make it your self. The BES will have a different texture.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have the iclear case and invisibleSHIELD™ full body coverage on my first gen and it has been on scene the first day i got it and my ipod in in perfect condition.
    invisibleSHIELD™
    http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...es-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

iclear
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/Griffin-iClear-H...14&_trkparms=72:1215|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318
  7. Markcooz

Markcooz New Member

I'll probably get the griffin, it's really cheap!!
    and did you happen to get the invisibleSheild full body?

is it really that amazing!?!?
  8. tmaxx445

tmaxx445 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yea full body coverage for me. IMO the back is more important than the screen because the back scratches a lot easier than the screen seance it is glass and it is scratch resent. I did not know about BES when i got mine but if i was going to do a new ipod i would get the BES because it is 1/3 of the price but none of the clear protectors are needed if you don't care about the bask getting scratches. You can go with just the case. The iclear comes with a screen protector but not for the back

tmaxx445
  9. Markcooz

Markcooz New Member

I just got this DLO Jam jacket i think it is but it's a DLO jacket, Leather on the outside, and for the inside it's the swade type of interior, anyways it has a belt clip or w/e

my friend gave me some supplies today, and he shipped me a InCase but it's for 2G
    the Sliding kind and the hard type silicone

Since I don't need them,

How much would they be? if i sell them?
  10. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I Recommend an otterbox defender for the 1g. It has 3 layers of protection, and a built in screen protector. It's very safe and i feel dropping it from a foot or two.