Best free rss application?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by BayAreaKing, Sep 11, 2008.

1. BayAreaKing

BayAreaKing New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What is a good, free rss application from the app store?
  2. cripesonfriday

cripesonfriday New Member

netnewswire from newsgator is head and shoulders above all others ( it also got the best review of all free and most paid rss readers on ilounge )

It has a couple of disadvantages, no offline browsing and you can't add feeds direct form the ipod but these features will feature in later updates I would imagine.You use newsgator to select feeds and the website has autodiscovery so you don't have to know the rss address which is handy if you are on the ipod with no copy/paste.

Small word of caution, the latest update has a bug in it that stops the read articles form being deleted, although they don't count as new any more.It is a known issue and theyare working on it at the moment
    If you are willing to spend a few quid then the newsstand app is generally considered the best although I have no need for it, this one does all i need ( I only use it to catch up on news and gossip on the way to work on the bus)
  3. BayAreaKing

BayAreaKing New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you. The app works great!
  4. dokutech

dokutech New Member

Automator script for RSS offline reading

Hi, actually yesterday I put together a quick Automator script for OSX 10.5, (might also work on lower versions), which copies the websites which are linked to the RSS feed to an iPod Touch.
    The websites don't look pretty when you're offline, because pictures and CSS style sheets are missing, but it is very fast.
    You only need an App which allows to copy files to your iPod Touch, e.g. Air Sharing (still free) or DataCase (not free).
    You can get the script and a quick description on my Blog.
  5. Lil Weezy

Lil Weezy New Member

DRY!!!

Up 2 Chap if its Good boi