Best free Compass at App. Store?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by The Crow, May 13, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Feb 19, 2009
    I have the 1G iPod touch 8g, and I have been looking for a compass that actually works out of the free Apps. from the App. Store?? I have found some, but most don't seem to work and also if I could get a suggestion for something like iFound you or Locating App.?

Thanks, The Crow
  2. RawrFull

RawrFull Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Uh, i think you posted this in the rong section ? You Should of posted it in that 'iTunes App Store' section. (btw, sorry i dont know any good compass apps D

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Maui2009

Maui2009 New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Compass App - Not Free at APP Store

I purchased G-Spot from the app store last year for my Ipod Touch 2G. Unfortunately it did not work because there is no GPS on the ITouch 2G. Forward to this week.

I received a iGPS360 module as a gift at Xmas which required that I install Cydia in order to use this external GPS module.

I used Black Ra1n for windows to jailbreak my ITouch 2G with firmware 3.2.1 in order to install Cydia.

So far so good. I then found and installed xGPS. With my iGPS360 module connected and my WiFi connection available, I started the xGPS app and it immediately started working. I downloaded the necessary Google maps and everything was fine.

I then tried to use my iGPS360 with G-Spot.....Nothing.
    I then found and installed an App called GPSSerial. With this App installed my G-Spot App is now working, well sort of. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

There may be a conflict using G-Spot and then using xGPS.

My ITouch sometimes freezes up, or will not shut off. I simply hold the On button and center button for a few seconds and my ITouch reboots.

If I use G-Spot, and turn off my Itouch when I am finished all seems to be fine. I have not had any problems with xGPS except that the maps that I downloaded seemed to disappear after I shut off my ITouch.

When I reconnected my Itouch to the Internet using my WiFi connection and then started xGPS all of my maps reappeared.

I have only been using xGPS with my iGPS360 for the past few days, but everything seems to work fine so far.

My only problem has been with G-Spot.

I also purchased MotionX GPS from the app store, but unfortunately ITunes will not install it on my ITouch. I get a message that my unit is not compatible with the app. I tried several times to install the app, but no success.

I do not know if there is a way to install this app without Itunes, but short of buying an IPhone, I am currently stuck with my newly purchased app.
  4. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Compass applications will not work on any device EXCEPT the iPhone 3Gs as that is the only device with a magnometer and the software to support it.

GPS will not make compass applications work either.