BEST Firmware Links!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gadgetsboyj, Apr 13, 2008.

1. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

^ 1.1.1 and up supported by iPhone AND iPod Touch. Version 1.0.2 and below MIGHT work on iPod Touch but DO work on iPhone.

I will update this thread whenever new firmware comes out.

EDIT: I know there are already some of these but this is a GUARANTEED link up same day as release. If you have 2.0 BETA and iTunes says you have the latest version when 2.0 goes public, you can come here and shift restore or shift upgrade/check for update.
    1 person likes this.
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Honestly, do we need another one of these?
    My FW Links was first, is stickied, and has all iPhone and iPod touch firmwares.
    I will update it with new firmwares too, so... why?
  3. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    there are tons of threads like this
  4. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    dude, even if they are the iphone firmwares, and just because it works, doesn't mean its stable, ipod touch firmware is for ipod touch, iphone is for iphone, you shouldn't say it works and get people installing iphone on ipod touch, theres a reason there are 2 kinds... Also a sticky link was already stickied as said above...
  5. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

6. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

Actually, mine was first. You might not find it because the account I posted it under was banned. And for those saying that they are incompatible, thats not true. If the iPhone firmware is installed on the iPod Touch, it will be exactly the same except for the Phone and SMS apps that won't even show up on the home screen and their frameworks which both can be easily deleted. However, if you install iPod Touch firmware onto an iPhone, then you'll be left with no Phone and SMS and you'll have to get them.