Best earphones and a case that protects both my ipod touch and earphones

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by cooolit86, Aug 9, 2009.

1. cooolit86

cooolit86 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,

I am really bad at maintaining my earphones. I've just recently spoiled my bose in ear headphones within a month and I really feel bad about it. Though Bose in ear headphones(personally felt they really suck) came with a case but it would not fit my ipod touch and its really impossible to carry seperate cases for ipod and earphones.

I looked around for something that could perfectly fit and protect both my earphones and the ipodtouch 1g but did not find any good cases. If any one of you can suggest me a decent earphone and a good case to fit my ipod (either seperately or together) I would really appreciate it.

Also, I can afford upto $75 at max for both of them.

Thanks.
  2. jupa

jupa New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Don't feel bad about those earphones. They do suck for their cost..imo. I bought one and it broke because of the fragile wiring and I got them sent back to bose for warranty and they sent back a new pair, they also broke in about a month. If you're still willing to have those bose earphones send them an email and ask about warranty. As for a case that fits both an ipod and earphones at the same time.. I don't really have a clue.
    Also, most headphones will be durable enough to not break when winding them around around a regular ipod touch case.
  3. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    hmm I have had very good experiences with Creative Ep630 as for durability and price to quality ratio is pretty good on them too (~20$ I guess - Well it was 20€ here). Its my second pair in arround 1year and 8 months (first pair had 1 year on them).

I also went through times were I had a new phone every 2-3 weeks coming on me. And I realy get the sh*t out of the phones ... I use them for gym and thats hard with all the sweat and sometimes even weights hitting the phones.
  4. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Personally, I have separate cases (Incase Slider) for my iPod Touch and use a turtle cable winder (sold on Amazon for about $3-4) for my headphones that didn't come with it's own winder.

But one combination alternative might be the DLO Jam Jacket for the 1G. They have a decent reputation, have a built in cord winder/management on the back of the case and sell for less than $18 on Amazon.

As for headphones, I have Sennheisers for when I seriously want to listen to my music, but bought a pair of Auvio at Radio Shack for $20 for sleeping and listening to white noise. For an extra $2.99 they sell a no-questions asked replacement warranty. I have had them for a few months and abused them and they have held up well wound up in the cable turtle.

Good luck!
    Diana
  5. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, the DLO Jam Jacket only works well with the bundled iBuds. ><
  6. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  7. cooolit86

cooolit86 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    @dlstc I don't see many guys carrying their itouch and iphones in those Moshi kind of Pouches

Please Register or Log in to view images

After looking around for sometime I found these types pretty decent: http://appleipodtouch.blogspot.com/2007/09/ipod-touch-leather-folio-case-belkin.html
    But again, these don't provide a place to keep the earphones like Moshi's iPouch. I just get the feeling that the combinations of these two would be perfect thing for me.

Thanks guys for suggestions. I am still waiting to hear more from you.
  8. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Did you check out the Marware case I linked to in my edited post? It is a small case with earbud winder on the back for any earphones.

Another option is a digital camera case. Many are small and have an extra pocket for SD cards that suit earbuds. I use a Lowepro for travelling. I can fit my Ipod, earbuds, USB cord, wall charger, and a few other things in it. It is rather large, but you can find very small ones for compact digital cameras.

D
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay, two more options...has detachable case for the iPod Touch 1g and a pocket for your headphones....The Griffin Courier.... http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/courier. or the DLO Strap Wrap - Wraps around a strap and has a zippered compartment for earbuds. Check out iLounge for a review on both : http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/re...r-utility-case-for-ipod-touch-classic-iphone/
  9. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Any of those work for you?

D
  10. cooolit86

cooolit86 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    @dlstc Yeah... I liked the DLO strap Wrap, but don't find any good deals online. I am going to order one soon on amazon for $20 if you know of a better deal please share it with me. There are no reviews yet on Amazon so I am a little hesitant to go ahead with it.

Thanks
    Rohan