best downloading app? And safari problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by foppinanrockin, Oct 21, 2008.

1. foppinanrockin

foppinanrockin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ok i want to download things such as music and movies and .rar and .******* files....so what is the best program to use?

For the safari problem, whenever i visit the mobile video sites to watch shows like southpark, i can only watch one. When i try to watch another it does this strange thing where the vid goes out of landsscape and everything goes black but sound still plays....any help?
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

The first is SafariDL, which is the only program to do the RAR files, and maybe ******* files (but then you'll need an iPod-based ******* client as well). For movies and music, try dTunes.

With the Safari issue, have you tried a total restart to see if it still occurs? I'm betting it's either a bug as the support for streaming vids is still limited only to YouTube videos.
  3. foppinanrockin

foppinanrockin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ok thanks dtunes is great!

The safari problem was some safari DL from installer that was sh*t....fixed though
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Use the SafariDL plugin from Cydia and also install the Safari DL Manager for BossPrefs; that'll let you turn off the plugin from BossPrefs for when you go to certain sites. The plugin I named will not automatically start downloading files, which means you don't have to worry about just hearing the music or whatever.

In general, I suggest avoiding Installer 4 like it has the plague.