best deal on a warranty

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 300 Spartans, Oct 27, 2007.

1. 300 Spartans

300 Spartans New Member

i couldnt really find the answer i was looking for on Search
    so ill just ask here

i am debating if i need additional warranty after the first year warranty provided by apple
    apple offers an additional year of warranty for $60
    is there another warranty someone like bestbuy offers for longer or cheaper?

any help would be great

im still in a huge debate if i should risk breaking the touch for jailbreaking it
    if u do it right u shouldnt have a problem... right?
  2. macdog303

macdog303 Member

Those things are never worth it. When you buy them nothing ever happens to your ipod. If you dont buy, then something always ends up happening. The touch seems so durable. I would just get a silicon case or something and pocket the 50 bucks. It already has 1 year warranty.
  3. jimagic

jimagic New Member

walmart has warranty for $17 but i don't know for how long? its better to ask them. but you have to buy ipod touch from walmart though
  4. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm considering that extended apple care warranty from Apple myself. Based on my phone call experience today, their supports are one of the most patient support I've talked to other than myself... And if I ever encounter any problem, it'd definetly be worthwhile to have that support handy.
  5. jasonweaver

jasonweaver New Member

i strongly (notice the bold letters) buying the extended apple care warranty. Apple has really good customer support, and if you ipod breaks and you buy a warranty from fred myers they will ask more questions, and are more likley to say no

My old ipod went thru the washer and they replaced it on the spot, well i had to make a appointment, but i got a new one that day
  6. joefredgeorge

joefredgeorge New Member

I swear by best buys warrenty. I just got my ipod touch yesterday and before hat i had the second generation ipod (the one with the 4 buttons and then the wheel underneath). I had my first ipod for 4 years with a 4 year warranty. Everytime it broke they either repaired it or completely replaced it. After 4 hardrive failures they have a "no lemon" policy and they gave me $400 dollars (the price i paid for the ipod) towards a new ipod. So i basically got my ipod touch for free and then i paid $60 for a 3 year warrenty. Your better off with the warrenty because as we all know ipods do not last forever and something happens to it.