Best Converter to use for AVI Format videos?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mercnote, Jan 5, 2010.

1. mercnote

mercnote New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I love watching this film, it's probably one of my favourites (It's an Indian Film, so I don't think too many people here will care), so I want to bring it over to my Ipod touch.

I have this Perfect AVI format version of the movie, 500 MBs. I want to know what would be the best converter under these conditions

1) Sound Quality. Not only the Sound itself, but how if it keeps up with the video, or vice versa.
    2) Video quality. Same as above.
    ***3) SPACE (I don't want the final video taking TOO much space... I can handle maybe 1.5 GB MAX, and that's pushing it really far).

Anyone have any suggestion for me? I used Videora already, it was really good (Though the file size was 1.31 GB... Pretty big), but the problem was that, even after following xxxx directions on youtube, I couldn't get the video to work. I couldn't add it to my library (It Just didn't go there, no error codes, just didn't go) and it didn't upload to my iPod Touch ("It Can't be played on this iPod" error, even after following instructions). If anyone wants to, please help me with this problem so that I don't need to ask for a different video converter.