Best Clear Cover!!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by carsonauto, Feb 22, 2008.

1. carsonauto

carsonauto New Member

Im looking for the best clear cover for my iPod, like a plastic membrane that just covers my screen.
  2. ballinjace

ballinjace New Member

Just get the thing that comes with the ipod when you first buy it.
  3. RobM

RobM New Member

I just bought an invisible sheild from these guys:

http://www.invisibleshield.com/

I love it. I bought the full body version. The installation took some doing, but their tips were helpful. Took about 15 minutes to do (including several retries).

On installing the front portion, i'd suggest *not* pressing down the sides until about 24 hours has passed (so leave your touch alone that long). Then do one last squeegee to get the air bubbles off the edges. Once that's done press down the sides with their installation tool. This process of letting the skin "set" would have avoided a few tiny air bubbles that i can't get rid of because the sides are set in place and won't let the air out.

If you buy the full body version (front and back) i suggest you do the same for the back (let it set). There's small "wings" (the portion that need to bend for the curves on the touch) on the corners that won't set until all the installation liquid is totally died up. Mine got some dust in them and now i've got a permanent dust filled air pocket (it's really tiny and hardly noticeable but it's on two of the four corners).

BTW, check out retailmenot.com for a special link to get your skin at 50% off. My front and back were only $13 shipped

Please Register or Log in to view images