Best Buy Sevice Plan on iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kOrNwHeAt, Sep 13, 2008.

1. kOrNwHeAt

kOrNwHeAt Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    hey I'm definitely buying the new 2G, I haven't decided on 16 or 32 yet, i'll prob go with 32. but I need money to buy it so I'm trying to sell my 1g with all the stuff i have for it on ebay right now, but if that doesn't sell I do have a service plan from best buy for it. I read somewhere how someone took it in and got it replaced but just paid to upgrade the size and get a larger capacity brand new one. I was wondering if its possible to do that?
  2. masterxchief46

masterxchief46 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It took me months of going to Best Buy and trying to show them how my iPod video was broken and like 4 refurbs before they let me upgrade to the touch. Maybe if the geek squad at your store is nice, you won't have to go through the whole lemon policy
  3. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    just ask for a refund. be a prick about it, be like "well this is f***ing rediculous! give me money back now or im pressing charges! this is a return/exchange policy, there's something wrong with it and i want my money pronto!!!" then go buy the touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    yup that'll do the trick

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    okay maybe pressing charges is a little extreme but the rest worked for me, i had to get my PSP returned and they wouldn't do it so i demanded for my money and they did. then i re-bought it.
  6. masterxchief46

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Best Buy is known for calling the cops when you raise your voice...
  7. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    then dont raise your voice, and whatre the cops gunna do, tell you to talk with your indoor voice?

just be adamant about it and act like your really trying not to explode
  8. masterxchief46

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Too bad the managers are assholes. They will call the cops if you try to argue with them calmly. I got banned from geek squad for showing the manager that the refurb they gave me was splitting from the backing. He told me that iPods are supposed to be able to do that and when I told him to show me the display model doing it. He told me to leave. I didn't even raise my voice. I would have stayed and argued, but this guy was an asshole even the geek squad guys told me before he came over to talk to me.
  9. andydam123

andydam123 Member

At the Best But closest to me, they are all very nice. I've switch my iPod Touch 6 times for incredibly stupid reasons. Like, this one:

It got scratched.
  10. Evanmav

Evanmav New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i was trying to return something that was like 10 days over when i bought it and there like its too late u had to return it before the 30 days were up and basically my brother went off on them and was like it came late and i want to speak to your manager. basically if ur an ass they will get scared and be like OMG take the refund lol