Best backup utilitiy in 3.1.2 after jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by sbelli, Oct 25, 2009.

1. sbelli

sbelli New Member

OK. Posted in another forum that I accidentally deleted Hero of Sparta when I was probably 80 percent through the game and was pissed to find that when I restored it I didn't get my game save (noobie who didn't realize that and though it was great that I could just switch apps back and forth from my PC when I was getting full --- stupid me!)

Anyway, I understand there are things like AppBackup and Chronus. But since I'm on 3.1.2 I'm not sure if either really work with it. AppBackup I had heard works the best for Apps and App data, but read that that hasn't worked welll at all since 3.0 even.

So any recommendations on what backup software to use (preferably free, of course)? And is there anyway I can get my old game save back or is that gone forever? (assuming the latter, which is why I want to get a REAL backup utility).
  2. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    backup and restored with AppBackup from 3.0 to 3.1.2 (even across devices works, I switched from iphone 3G to ipod touch 2G) flawlessy just 5minutes ago

Please Register or Log in to view images

(around 40 apps)

you have to chmod 777 the
    /var/mobile/Library/AppBackup/"
    directory if you get errors like a crash when clicking on "backup" or "restore"

Please Register or Log in to view images

greets
    ZhiZhi778
  3. sbelli

sbelli New Member

K. I'll check that out. Obviously I guess it's too late to retreive any kind of deleted game save file?
  4. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yeah if it's deleted, then no chance at all =( except you've backed it up somewhere before and still have this file
  5. sbelli

sbelli New Member

K. Thanks. I know there are utilities for cameras where if you accidentally delete a picture you can run the software and it can find the "deleted file" for you (since the file is technically not erased until it gets to the point where its space in the memory is filled again)