best AV cable for ipod touch and fifth generation

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by iFanaddic, Mar 15, 2008.

1. iFanaddic

iFanaddic Member

Im planning to buy a cable so I can watch my favourite movie and tv show on my TV I have a touch and my mom as a fifth generation ipod. Which cable would be a good one for us to buy. I saw only one on apples website and its like 50$ dollars so no way... And I couldnt find the exact same one on ebay

Thanks for your help!
  2. BMANZZS

BMANZZS New Member

The $50 dollar one.
  3. lrg32shots

lrg32shots Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Unfortunately you have to buy the apple cable for your touch to work on your tv. There is a little chip inbedded into the cable that allows it play on your tv(Same goes w/ 3rd gen nanos and the ipod classic). As for your 5th gen video, any av cable will work(You could probably find one on ebay for $10)
  4. iFanaddic

iFanaddic Member

Would it work with my fifth generation too? im looking for a universal cable I dont want 2 lol
  5. inatightspot

inatightspot New Member

didnt Apple just reverse the red(right channel) and yellow (video) to make it seem that one needed a "dedicated" cable for the touch?
  6. lrg32shots

lrg32shots Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Never heard that one before. But, I am just going by what the guy from an apple dealership told me. Also I manage a ipod accessories store and haven't found the cable thru any of our suppliers so i thought it held true and that only apple offer this special cable.

Oh, and yes the apple brand cable will work for all your ipods, So if you invest in it, it'll be the only cord you need(plus it comes w/ a wall charger).
  7. niadma

niadma New Member

Here's one I saw on eBay and it also works as a cradle w/ remote and built in FM transmitter, not sure how well it works though.